Vbg revision to DS. looking for a Surgeon..

tammie318
on 6/30/13 5:29 am - Dry Prong, LA
Hello I am new here looking for information please.
I had a VBG in August 1997, and now looking to revise to a DS.
The surgeon that did my last surgery will only do a VBG to RNY ,so my question is Do you know of a good Surgeon In Texas or Louisiana that will do a VBG to DS? I know it can be done, I just don't know who will do it.
Thanks in Advance!
Tammie
Hislady
on 6/30/13 12:46 pm - Vancouver, WA

Look down lower on the page and you should find several posts listing the best revision surgeons. Good luck!

tammie318
on 7/3/13 10:17 am - Dry Prong, LA
Dr Stewart does not take my insurance for revisions, so now I am getting the paperwork started for Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco..I hope it gets approved by my insurance company.
Whit
on 7/5/13 9:33 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Tammie,

Dr. Rabkin dosen't take ANY insurance.  Try Dr. Ara Keshishian.  I traveled for surgery with him while Dr. Rabkin is in my backyard...so to speak. dssurgery.com is his site. He preformed my revision in Dec. and I highly recommend him. He is a miracle worker and a kind compassionate person *****ally cares about his patients.

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

tammie318
on 7/5/13 10:40 am - Dry Prong, LA
Thank you Whitney, I found that out a couple days ago and I put in a call to Dr..Keshishian..sorry if I spelled that wrong, I am on my phone..I am waiting to find out if he takes my insurance and if he is on my insurance plan..I have BCBS of Illinois. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. Tammie
Whit
on 7/5/13 4:54 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Your welcome Tammie. He is worth every penny and literally saved my life. He has a "program fee" but do not let that scare you. If he takes your insurance then do the math. Worth it! Even though I live in northern California he was available to me by cell and called me almost daily for the first 2 weeks I was home. Please ask me anything.

Best, Whitney 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active