Finally something positive to write

hayley88
on 6/28/13 12:42 pm
Finally able to have 2nd operation on Wednesday night. They found once they were in that my leak is almost healed and decided not to patch it with tissue. So after stint removed I guess my body finally woke up and did its on repair job . I did end up with a feeding tube, more for precaution than anything. So I'm continuing with tpn till next week. They will do a swallow test to see if all goes down right. If so I will finally get to start the liquid part of the plan. If I can handle the liquids they will allowe to leave the hospital! I've been here almost 8 weeks, ready to get my life back and start my plan.
JEG1
on 6/28/13 1:03 pm - WY

I pray that you will have absolutely smooth sailing from here on.  You are a tremendously tough and resilient person, and my hat is off to you.

hayley88
on 6/28/13 1:11 pm
Thanks, I've had so many people post their thoughts and prayers, it does help. So glad I have this site to post on. Others sharing their experiences is a big help. On those days I was feeling down and sorry for myself I remind myself it could be worse. Others have been through things worse than mine and have stayed strong and made it.
hayley88
on 6/28/13 1:08 pm
They did the procedure open so I have tons of staples but it's worth it in the end. The pain can be intense but walking some and it seems to help,
pineview01
on 6/29/13 3:17 am - Davison, MI

Well bless your heart!  Something is finally going right.  You have had a awful time.  We are all thinking of you and wishing you well and a speedy rest of your recovery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 7/2/13 3:12 pm - Davison, MI

I am just bumping this so they can see you had the 2nd operation!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

nativenewyorker64
on 7/24/13 1:01 pm - UT

I haven't seen any recent posts from you and was wondering how you are doing. I hope you were able to go home.

Most Active