Band-over-Bypass Questions???

Selena R.
on 6/26/13 6:55 am

I had a gastric bypass on October, 2001, which was very successful initially. As a lot here have commented, my first five years were really good. After that I began slowly gaining weight, and even when I have not gained all the weight I certainly gained a lot, almost 3/4 of it. I went three years ago to a doctor specialized in revisions in Boston and he said that certainly I could have a revision because the stoma was enlarged (I guess it was the exit of my stomach) from 10 to 20 mm. He also said that my pouch was fine and measured 6 cm, when in surgery 10 yrs before was reduced 4 cm. He said that this happened either for overeating or having sodas. I cut out the sodas right at that time, even the diet ones. I still could not tolerate overeating so it had to be that the reason of that stretched. I asked for a band-over-bypass but he did not do it at that point and did not believe it was possible. I did not want a major surgery again so he recommended sclero-therapy. I had it and lost some weight but not much. My health insurance changes beginning July and the new one cover any revisions. This doctor is now doing band-over-bypass and he is one of the bests revision doctors in New England.  I am so excited I have an appointment in two weeks. I would like to read about your experiences have been with this. I have been reading some of your postings and it seems is the best decision right now. Could you please share? Thanks!

Laurie1463
on 6/27/13 11:47 am
I'm also from New England and was wondering who your doctor is!
Most Active