Still in hospital/not able to do repair sat.

hayley88
on 6/23/13 11:22 am

Well for those following me I'm still in the hospital, I've lost count of the weeks. Sat they removed the stint (didnt stop leak ) and were going to repair the leak but Dr. Stewart decided to wait. It's going to be open and they had to use more gas during the removal of the stint than first thought.  He felt it best to wait, so maybe Wednesday ill have the repair. I has shingles a few weeks ago, they are gone but the pain is stint in my back and driving me crazy.  Going for walk in hall now, just trying to stay positive but it's hard! As explained to me they are going to use existing Tissue to patch leak. Has anyone else experienced this, using tissue? 

Thank y'all for all to kind words and prayers. This site helps me keep going! 

Sherrie P.
on 6/23/13 12:17 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Bless your heart. You have had a terrible time.

Hang in there.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 12:42 pm
Hi Hayley, I've been following your posts and am so sorry you are experiencing such a tough recovery. I'm praying that this week go more smoothly for you and the repair goes well. Take care and know we are all thinking of you.
Tomson
on 6/23/13 8:10 pm

Dear Hayley88,

I am so sorry for another delay. May I ask, How are you holding up psychologically. I think ay this point I would be groining bonkers. Do you have some sense of hope or has the hospital become like a prison? I know you want to be surgically sound when you leave and I hope the staff is treating you well. How are you making the time go by? Do you have people that can visit with you. I am an RNY failure considering DS revision, but I read stories like yours and I simply lose my courage. Do you think you will regret it or is it too soon to even think that way yet? I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending positive energy your way.

Warmly,

Tomson

hayley88
on 6/24/13 6:45 am
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. You know my mental state is being tested. Some days are ok, others not so good. They have given me ativan but it doesn't seem to help. I can't have anything by mouth so my choices are limited. After two months I've kinda gotten to know the nurses and aids. Most are awesome. I'm about 6 hrs from home, miss my family like crazy. I missed my 6 yr daughters first dance recital and my son played baseball this weekend. I'm lucky I have a wonderful extended family to help, my hubby was able to come Friday. I just want to get well! Even though I'm missing things I try to remember that getting healthy only will add to my life and seeing my kids grow up is worth all the pain now.
Tomson
on 6/25/13 4:32 am

Dear hayley88,

I think you have the courage of a lion to have such a positive outlook while in such a tough spot. I hope you are getting better everyday and I hope this will be the last complication you ever have.

Best

Tomson

ButterflyAna
on 6/25/13 3:58 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I feel so bad for you, I would go crazy if I had to be away from my kids that long, and they would be little basket cases. I just said a prayer for you and your family. I hope all goes well. Hopefully in 6 months this will just be a distant memory, feeling healthy and happy.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

mamadawny
on 6/25/13 6:47 am - Oklahoma City, OK

Bless your heart.  I really feel horrible for you.  Honestly, your story has made me rethink my decision to have the RNY to DS revision at this time.  I have a severely disabled daughter and there would be nobody who could take care of her for months if something like this should happen to me.  Since my issue isn't as much weight loss related, I just mainly want my stoma back to a smaller size so I won't automatically dump on everything I eat, I think the Lap Band will work for this for a few years anyway.  Everyone hates the Lap Band and it does have its own set of issues, but it will be a much easier recovery and will probably close down my enlarged stoma for the time being.  Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Renfairewench
on 6/30/13 9:49 am

I had a gastric leak and quite a few internal fistulas. I had two fistulas that actually went from my stomach to the outside of my abdomen. I struggled with various procedures to get them to heal, but what finally worked for me was another large operation to repair my stomach and cut out the fistulas. I ended up losing the majority of my stomach and my pylours. I had internal fistulas that were connected to my small intestine, my large intestine, and my liver. Sadly gastric leaks and fistulas are very problematic for patient and surgeon alike. 

Hang in there and try to remember that this is just a pothole in your journey to a new you. 

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

smileyjamie72
on 7/1/13 10:08 am - Palmer, AK

Keep the positive attitude up, and remember most of all to KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!!!

I, too am an RNY to DS revision, with complications, just take a look in my profile.  I am now 18 months out, and things are well, but it was a hell of a long road.

YOU WILL DO WELL!!!!  Hugs to you!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active