This is what Duke Hospital is offering as a "Revision" so glad I found this board

Tomson
on 6/20/13 11:43 pm

Dear Message Board Members,

I am a failed RNY patient and I talked to my local surgeons about revision and this is what they suggested at Duke University. http://www.dukehealth.org/services/weight_loss_surgery/treatments/weight_loss_surgery_revision_procedures I am so glad I discovered you and got feedback before I traveled down another road that would have had bad results. I also would have had to pay $17,000.00 our of pocket. But I am hearing so much negative feedback here and I can find no long tern results data. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have shared your story and help me rethink my decision. I don't know if I have the courage to do the RNY to DS surgery. But it seems that is the converging best choice. Thanks so much for not being judgmental and welcoming. I would not recommend the RNY as it seems long term results are showing poor outcomes. I know this is just my opinion and if it worked for you that is wonderful. But I have seen so many failures now that I know I am not alone and I am not totally to blame for all of this. Thanks so much for your continued support.

Regards

Tomson

pineview01
on 6/21/13 2:59 pm - Davison, MI

It sounds good.  But, I haven't seen a single person posting long term good results with them.  Good luck with your choice, what ever you decide.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/13 5:02 am
On June 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM Pacific Time, Tomson wrote:

Dear Message Board Members,

I am a failed RNY patient and I talked to my local surgeons about revision and this is what they suggested at Duke University. http://www.dukehealth.org/services/weight_loss_surgery/treatments/weight_loss_surgery_revision_procedures I am so glad I discovered you and got feedback before I traveled down another road that would have had bad results. I also would have had to pay $17,000.00 our of pocket. But I am hearing so much negative feedback here and I can find no long tern results data. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have shared your story and help me rethink my decision. I don't know if I have the courage to do the RNY to DS surgery. But it seems that is the converging best choice. Thanks so much for not being judgmental and welcoming. I would not recommend the RNY as it seems long term results are showing poor outcomes. I know this is just my opinion and if it worked for you that is wonderful. But I have seen so many failures now that I know I am not alone and I am not totally to blame for all of this. Thanks so much for your continued support.

Regards

Tomson

Sadly, those don't work.  The only thing effective about them is draining your bank account.

Most Active