My Band to RNY Revision Experience

sable07
on 6/21/13 10:55 pm
Revision on 06/17/13

Thanks Teri!  I'm viewing this as a "third" chance at life. angry

MARIA F.
on 6/23/13 7:59 am - Athens, GA

So glad you were one of the lucky ones that are able to revise! Please go back to the lapband forum periodically and post about your lapband experiences there. Pre-ops NEED to see stories like yours instead off all the "Lapbands are awesome/you can do it!" posts that that particular forum can get cluttered with. So Pay It Forward and share your band experience on the band forum!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Vinehorn
on 7/3/13 4:21 pm - IN
RNY on 07/25/13

Nice to read about your journey.  It is cool to read actual accounts of post op.  Your "TMI moment" brought back memories from 2 of my surgeries.  Kidney donation 13yrs ago and my LapBand surgery in 7yrs ago both cause great discomfort in the rest room.

The worst pain/discomfort was not in the scarring or internal scalpel work.  The worst pain/discomfort was not being able to be The King on His Throne (or as you called it "a TMI moment").

I'm preparing to stay away from that experience when my July 25th Lap-Band to RNY comes to fruition.  I'm planning on getting a magic bullet to liquefy high fiber & high protein soups.  I plan to add soluble fiber to my meals.  Drink copious amounts of water and have a hoard of docusate sodium always handy.  If I am going to have any pain/discomfort I want it honestly from the manly instruments of pain via Dr Evenson: knives, scalpels, staples and "lay-zers".  

3-weeks (Jul 25th) and it is on!  Unlike surgeries from, my past, this time, a loo will not do me in.

=========================================

"What is the quality of your intent?" - Thurgood Marshall 

=========================================

Most Active