Band to RNY scheduled for July 2nd

reddhedgrl
on 6/16/13 11:46 am

I have my surgery scheduled for July 2nd.. my band failed and I would like any advice anyone can offer about the RNY. Thank you

pineview01
on 6/16/13 1:26 pm - Davison, MI

Sorry I went from Band to sleeve.  Have you stopped into the RNY boards.  Also if you scroll down you can find several threads from those that went Band to RNY.

I did want to wish you a safe and healthy surgery, recovery and WLS journey with you second chance.

Also you may want to check out the Group, Failed Lap bands.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/discussion /

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mz_Pretty
on 6/16/13 11:02 pm - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

Hi I am having a revision from the band to the RNY on 6.25.13 I will try to update you on how it goes, good luck with your 2nd chance!

mercedes66693
on 6/17/13 5:51 am

Hi, I had revision 12 weeks ago. I only had the band for 6 months it had slipped and I had a hernia it never worked right for me I hated the band was sick all the time it just was not a good thing. 

I love my RNY.  I hated feeling the port all the time.  I'm really happy with it.  I feel it's easier than the band as far as healing, feeling better and just overall I wish I had gone with RNY first.

I wish my weight loss was a little faster but I they say when you go from band to RNY you loose slower.

I feel better about myself finally

Good luck to you

Michele1az
on 6/17/13 10:17 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with

I am having my band removed on Wednesday after 6 years. I am scared, but it is out-patient. Then I will have the RNY in about a month. I am so excited to see weight-loss for the first time and getting my health back. 

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

Turtle Lynn
on 6/17/13 8:34 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with
I had Band to RNY revision. Feel free to go to my profile and read my blog outlining my experience and look at my pics.

Best of luck to you!!!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Mz_Pretty
on 6/17/13 11:28 pm - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

You're doing great Lynn!

MsBatt
on 6/18/13 12:50 am

I strongly urge you to consider getting the Sleeve instead. The long-term results are about the same, but the Sleeve has far fewer potential complications and a more normal anatomy. It preserves the pylorus and all normal stomach function, and allows you to take pretty much any medication. Not true for the RNY.

Most Active