Week 5 in hospital for revision to ds

hayley88
on 6/8/13 5:58 am
Ok my scope came back and fluid pockets are almost healed, however, the leak is still there. Monday they will place a stint in the leak in the stomach area. From what they say it will remain 2/3 weeks then they will take it out and see if it's healed. Anyone else have experience with stints, I'd love to heat all I can about it. I'm still in some pain and the anxiety of it all is like a huge rock on my chest. the hospital dr noticed this and had me visit with hospital psychiatrist and it has helped.
~Tonya ~
on 6/8/13 8:14 am - Tucson, AZ
Revision on 05/08/13

Hi!

I've been following along throughout your journey, and I'm so sorry to hear about how rough things have been for you!  I'm an RN, and I'm having trouble understanding how a stent is going to help you close a leak.  My understanding of stents is that they are used to keep something open while it heals, like a ureter after a stone is removed.  I'd love to know how your surgeon is using this stent, where is the leak, etc.  

Here is a link to a very short explanation of stents. 

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002303.htm

Best Wishes, 

Tonya

Lap VSG March 11th 2006, Converted to DS May 8th 2013

From 294 to 165 with Sleeve, regained to 238, then had DS

hayley88
on 6/8/13 9:45 am
Thanks for info. I have no medical back ground so it's hard to understand. The leak is in the lower stomach I guess where things attach, starts with an a. They said they will insert it going downy throat and it will be on the inside like a button if that makes since I will ask more questions tomorrow for sure
MsBatt
on 6/14/13 12:33 pm

Anastomosis, perhaps? That's where the alimentary limb (the one that carries food from your Sleeve) gets attached to the bilio-pancreatic limb (the one that carries bile), forming the common channel.

I'm clueless on the "like a button" part, though.

pineview01
on 6/12/13 8:08 am, edited 6/14/13 2:26 am - Davison, MI

Hayley I responded to this post and I see it is gone.  I have had that happen a few times lately and I know they aren't offensive or anything

I just wanted to wish you well and let you know we are following your progress and thinking of you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

hayley88
on 6/12/13 8:51 am

It's ok I had no idea anything was removed. I enjoy hearing others story's, experiences, as it gives more of an understanding. 

Please continue to share!

Most Active