RNY Revision consultation today - Apollo procedure recommended (input, please)

JustV
on 6/3/13 11:10 am

Hi, I had my RNY in 2004, lost almost 100 lbs in 4 years, only to regain it back due to major life stress and falling back to old habits. I met with a new surgeon today, and he is recommending the Apollo procedure. Has anyone had this type of revision, and if so, what were your results?

Whit
on 6/3/13 1:12 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi, I have not heard anyone who has experienced success with this procedure. Unfortunately a lot of Docs only offer what they can do and not what is best for the patient. I had revision from RNY to DS and eventough it's been a tough road I feel great and am happy I had surgery. My story is on my profile. 

Please look into all of your options.

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Hislady
on 6/4/13 5:10 am - Vancouver, WA

I agree with Whitney haven't heard of anyone who had success with this procedure. I would seriously consider the DS if you want long term success. Either that or some counceling to learn why you have fallen back into old bad habits. Even major life stresses take some extra intervention to deal with. We all have to learn new or different ways to deal with life. I'm not trying to be snarky or anything but we all have our issues.I wish you luck but do try to find a true revision surgeon to change you to DS, I think there is a post down below that lists the best surgeons. Good luck!

heathercross
on 6/5/13 8:09 am - New York, NY

I agree with what everyone else said. Its not a "real" surgery.  Why get some hap hazard surgery and probably, almost defintly have to get a 3rd a few mos or a year later?  I have a question for you bc you are not giving us the full story.  Why are you regaining?  What are the results of your CT Scan of your abdomen?  What did the endoscopy show?  If you haven't had any of these done yet, no one should be recommending ANYTHING. If you've had these and just didn't mention it, my apologies but I'd never take recommendations from someone who hasn't done any tests and seen my pre-op notes (from my old doc) and my post-op notes as well.

I've had an RNY in 2002 and revised to a BOB - Band over Bypass in 2011. My pouch was stretched and my stoma was entact. I regained 80lbs of the 130 lost.

pineview01
on 6/5/13 12:08 pm - Davison, MI

Ditto all the above.  I have been reading here for year and have heard over and over the same.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MARIA F.
on 6/7/13 9:08 am - Athens, GA

Crap procedure. You will regret it. The most effective would be to revise to DS with an appropriate revision surgeon. Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active