Dr. John Alexander in Dallas

Laura73
on 5/29/13 12:09 pm

Anyone have experience with Dr. Alexander? Good or bad? I'm struggling with considering revision. My sleeve was not done correctly and I had serious complications. 

Dr. Alexander was suggested to me by a friend who had a RNY revision due to a fistula. His website says he's a revision surgeon but how do I know he's good at them for real?

thanks

pineview01
on 5/29/13 1:33 pm - Davison, MI

First you can call and ask number of sleeve revisions he has done.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Laura73
on 5/29/13 1:53 pm

That's logical. Several reviews on this site claimed he's never lost a patient. I find that suspicious. And not to sound paranoid but can I trust what his staff reports as far as number done? I'm actually quite sane but went through a year of hell after my sleeve due to surgeon & PCP mistakes and failure to listen to me. I've got a great PCP now and am trying to work with the health system instead of hiding like I have these past couple of years. 

pineview01
on 5/30/13 6:57 am - Davison, MI

Our center is a COE and they have to track every body.  All surgeries and complications and report to the ASMBS.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Laura73
on 5/30/13 10:01 am
Thanks. That is how it should be!
Most Active