Tricare denied revision!!!!!!

2beskinnymammy
on 5/29/13 1:04 pm - AL
VSG on 10/10/17

Has anyone been successful with an appeal to Tricare?  I have been banded since Oct 2009 and have had little success even with following all the rules.  I saw on here somewhere someone had posted information on the band for appeal purposes but I can't find it now.  Any information/help would be appreciated.

Hislady
on 5/30/13 4:44 am - Vancouver, WA

I sent you a PM check your mail. Good luck!

MustangLady
on 5/31/13 5:13 am - MA
Can you also send me info. I was denied as well. I've had a swallow and scope and everything looks ok but I still feel like sh**. I know something is not right. Thanks so much.

~ CJ BradleyLapband Surgery 7/2007 with many complications. 2012 Seeking Revision to RNY. 2013 Revision denied. Trying to work with band.

Hislady
on 5/31/13 10:39 am - Vancouver, WA

Sorry I don't have any insurance info it was something else in her post I was referring to. Wish I could help!

pineview01
on 5/30/13 7:10 am - Davison, MI

HisLady will get you going in the right direction.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jzwife
on 5/30/13 10:20 pm
Where are you located? I had a revision done thru Tricare at Madigan and didn't have problems. Are you planning on having your surgery done at a military hospital? I have heard of people actually going to different Military hospitals outside their area to have surgery. I believe at Madigan they have approx. 10 bariatric surgeons and they are great to work with.
Good luck!
Sharon
reddhedgrl
on 5/31/13 1:39 pm
I am Triwest region and I am having a revision from band to bypass...in all honesty, I believe I wasn't denied because they dropped the ball with understaffing the change over to United. However, I was denied the bypass & the band at 1st & after the an appeal that took 1 year, they approved the band. Good luck! Just keep logging comorbidities and keep going back to your primary care as well as you lap band surgeon ...document document, document!
pineview01
on 6/1/13 12:48 pm - Davison, MI

I didn't have Tri care but, wanted to echo reddhedgrl on document, document & document all and every issue.  Go as often as you can with EVERY issue.  Fill if open, unfill every time it tightens.  Testing is vital and documenting is absolutely a necessity.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

2beskinnymammy
on 6/1/13 4:30 am - AL
VSG on 10/10/17

Thanks for all the responses.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/13 1:02 am

What was the reason for denial?  Nobody can really help you until we know the wording of the denial.

Most Active