3 days post op from band to sleeve and I feel great!

spiceygirl
on 5/23/13 1:47 pm - austin, TX
VSG on 05/20/13

I had my surgery the evening of 5/20 and got out the hospital on 5/22.  My surgery ended late in the day and lasted nearly 4 hours. I started feeling better 2 days after the surgery. I felt much better when I requested to be taken off the morphine. I had the morphine for one day and decided it wasnt for me. I did not like that feeling  I was getting rom it and decided for the elixir instead. I am full of energy and my pain level is low.  I am taking it easy and home relaxing. It doesnt even feel like i had surgery until its time for me to get up off the couch or bed and then i really feel it. My surgeon removed plenty of scar tissue left from the band and he fixed my hernia. I had no issues with my insurance. My surgeon, hospital, surgery was covered at 100% since I work in the Oil & Gas industry for a top 10 company. My acid reflux that I had for 3 months due to the hernia is now gone. No more meds for reflux!!

I am glad to be on this new journey for a healthier me. Thanks to all of you on here. You are all a wealth of inspiration and knowledge. Thanks for sharing your stories. Greatly appreciated

Sandy M.
on 5/24/13 1:00 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good for you!  Take it easy for awhile though - even if you feel great you need time to heal!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

spiceygirl
on 5/24/13 3:16 am - austin, TX
VSG on 05/20/13

I agree Sandy! It feels good to sit at home and relax. I've definitely been kicked back and watching TV and getting small walks in for circulation per my doc requests. I am not missing food  or having cravings at all! I love this! ;-)

Sandy M.
on 5/24/13 3:23 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I'm about 17 days out and loving it as well!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Hislady
on 5/24/13 1:42 pm - Vancouver, WA

So happy for you and you are fortunate to have such great insurance very few of us do. Try holding a small pillow against your tummy when you get up, it usually helps lower the pain level. Wish you all the success the band didn't give you!

pineview01
on 5/24/13 2:33 pm - Davison, MI

So glad to hear you are doing so well after having a three in one surgery!  I too couldn't handle the morphine, but I had a heads-up from my sister and DD that is was the cause of there ill feelings.  So, after pushing the button a few times I realized what was happening and stopped.  They took it down and dumped it the next am.

Our center puts all us sleevers on a PPI for the first year.  I take yours don't.  Glad to hear you aren't having issues.  Sounds like your having a very good experience

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

spiceygirl
on 5/25/13 1:31 am - austin, TX
VSG on 05/20/13

My surgeon puts patients on PPI for the first month and some are for the first year. He said its based on the patients prior condition of GERD, acid reflux causes, etc. Mines was due to the hernia and tests showed it never affected my stomach area. I was shocked!  Most medical websites shows that some people get acid reflux after surgery and some have it cleared right after surgery. He told me to take on an as needed basis. I am so happy that I dont have to wake up coughing, with regurgitation, and restless sleeps anymore from it.

pineview01
on 5/25/13 2:19 am - Davison, MI

Yeah, I didn't even know what reflux was until the last 18 months with the band.  I was told to take them for a year and after waking up drowning in acid, I'm afraid to try not taking them.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active