Lap band revision to RNY May 29 any slow weight loss???

Njudono1
on 5/23/13 2:55 am

Very excited about getting rid of the band and seeing true weight loss. I am a little nervous and excited. I have heard that revisions don't lose weight as fast as non revision patients anyone experience slow weight loss after their revision?

Hislady
on 5/23/13 6:19 am - Vancouver, WA

I haven't revised but just from reading on the various forums that does tend to be true. Also with the RNY you have a period of 12-18 months when the malabsorbtion is at it;s peak and that is the time to really work it and get the best weight loss. It may be a little slower but work it to the fullest and you should still do well. I know several who have done quite well with their revisions.

pineview01
on 5/23/13 12:11 pm, edited 5/23/13 12:17 pm - Davison, MI

I am on a FB page for people having all different WLS at the same time. 

From all I have researched us revisions are slower than virgin WLS.  With that said I am still losing as much as the slowest virgin VSG/RNY that didn't have tons to lose.  When I had the band their goal for me was to lose 40% EWL which put me at 210.  I hit that and a few more the first year.  When I got the sleeve they expected a 60% EWL which put me at 186, using my "idea" weight at bmi 25 is 150.  I hit my "success weight" with the center at 4 months.

Good luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Njudono1
on 5/23/13 12:26 pm
Thank you so much for the encouragement
agraydolfin1
on 5/24/13 12:14 am - TX

I had RNY in Dec of 2000, started at 353 and within a year was at 253. I met my husband and things got out of control as far as my plan, I gained back up to 340. I had my RNY revised on 09/06/2012 , keeping in mind i would lose slow. Today i weigh 259. So i think cuz i relized what caused me to gain, I am in more control of this tool!!!!! I was so set up for failure, when i relized i had a second chance, that it was not going to work. I did not expect to lose much. I am just now starting in my head to relize i have lost and lost a whole lot!!!! Of course still to lose, with no goals set!!!!

Sherrie P.
on 5/26/13 11:41 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I had band revision on 2/6.  Crapband to RNY.

I have lost 49 pounds so far.  

There are plenty of people around me losing a lot faster, but I am super pleased. I don't care how slowly it comes off.  Honestly as long as I keep losing I don't need it to come of at a particular rate.

Best decision ever.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Kidda G.
on 7/30/13 4:21 am
The most I ever lost with the band was 30 pounds which I later gained back. A year after revision to Rny I am down 80 pounds. I weigh 140. I feel like a can make better wiser food choices that I could not do with the band.
Most Active