Revision May 21st and Scared

Cricketbug121
on 5/16/13 2:39 am - Sanford, FL

Hi everyone.  I had Open RNY in 2004 with Dr. Overcash in Ocala,Fl.  Since then, I developed multiple complications, most of which were minor.  However, I did develope a fistula, as well as several ulcers in my pouch.  I sought out a new Dr. since it appears that Dr. Overcash has lost his ability to practice, and found Newfit Bariatrics in Melbourne, Fl.   My. Kenneth Tieu will be doing a revision on me to fix the fistula, fix the ulcer and redo my pouch.  I am scared.  Actually, terrified.  I hear that doing it robotically is safer, which is what he will be doing, unless he has a complication and will have to open me up again.  The surgery is suppose to take 3-4 hours, which is at least 2 1/2 hours longer than my initial surgery.

My questions are this:  Has anyone had any experience with Newfit Bariatrics on here, especially with Dr. Tieu? Has anyone had it done robotically like this and did it work better for you as far as recovery and aftercare?  Again, I am terrified at this point, but hopefully this is normal only being 5 days away from surgery.

Any input is greatly appreciated!  Thanks, Tammy

Most Active