VSG to DS Revision

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/13 1:58 pm
On May 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM Pacific Time, ~~Sami~~ *. wrote:

Yes, I've been on OH since the late 90s.  I was famous at one time for being the first threatening lawsuit letter that Eric and OH received regarding my review of a potential surgeon back in 1999. For a long time, that surgeon had zero patient reviews.  (It wasn't that bad, I just said that I found a bunch of errors in his pre-op packet, but I thought he was a competent and good surgeon.)

I don't eat white carbs, but do eat carbs. If I use flour, I use either white whole wheat, normal whole wheat, or a blend of Hi-Maize ( a resistant starch)  and white whole wheat.  I do eat fruit.. maybe 2-3 servings per day, mainly berries in the summer.  I'm not a fan of meat, although I eat it, so the traditional low carb diets have never had any appeal to me. 

A few years back, I used to know a vegetarian DSer from Canada, but no idea what happened to her.

Eric Schlessinger from Arizona??  I know him well.  He was the only revision surgeon on my insurance plan so I opted for self pay in Mexico!

~~Sami~~ *.
on 5/14/13 1:09 am - Jacksonville, FL

No, no...Eric Klein, guy who founded OH.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/13 5:03 am
On May 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM Pacific Time, ~~Sami~~ *. wrote:

No, no...Eric Klein, guy who founded OH.

Sorry!  I don't know where the heck I saw Schlessinger or got that in my head!

pchantela
on 4/10/15 12:46 pm - alexandria, VA

Where in Mexico did you have your revision 

airbender
on 5/14/13 12:45 pm

hi there,

if you have gained 50 lbs in 6 months you have to do something before it gets worse.  there are many vsg to ds.  you should be concerned with bone health and the ds, especially with your hereditary factor.  I was in that same boat....my mom AND my dad both have osteoporosis, have been treated for the max amount (back then it was fosamax) so I was scared ****  I made the decision to go ahead with the revision and see how my body handled the revision, it was that or weigh gain.  You have a great surgeon and the shortest CC he will make is 125, which is longer than most (mine is also longer due to my medical history)  you can ask him to make it 150, of which he likes to use anyway....

the anemia issue can usually be managed without infusions (proferrin forte RX is great), good luck with your revision

Most Active