Don't know what's going on... getting frustrated! Help!!

tonnabug
on 5/13/13 2:19 am - Huntsville, AL
Revision on 04/29/13
What does your doctor say is wrong???

Began journey in 2007 at 312, had Lap band 2008, lost 40 pre-op then 24 post op, regained to 319.  Lost 39# on my own, then revised to VSG 4/29/13 @ 280.

ButterflyAna
on 5/13/13 4:18 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
They don't have a solution just to keep trying. They are okay as long as I can keep down liquids. I am fine on liquids, if I add anything else I have problems.

It took me over two weeks before I was able to keep down the vits, prilosec or anything else. I am now able to get down all the vits, pills but still can not eat all 6 calc chews.

Try drinking the shakes slowly. It can take me over 3 hours to get in a 16 - 20 oz shake. I start at 7:30 and finish around 11 or 12. Then its time for my next shake which I finish around 3:30 or 4pm. I start drinking water, Then I have my dinner shake at 6 and finish around 9. I start drinking a large water which is usually finished by the time I wake up in the morning. If I have time I try to fit in a 6oz V8. It just depends on how long it takes to drink the shakes.

Just sip slowing it takes time but you will eventually get down the entire protein drink.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/13 2:55 pm
On May 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM Pacific Time, tonnabug wrote:

Well, I had my band to sleeve revision on 4/29.  It was a really rough first week with the recovery!!  The nausea was horrible!!  My surgeon just kept telling me that the revision was more complicated and would be a harder recovery.  I cam home and stayed on clear liquids an extra day before moving to full.  I made the transition pretty smoothly and was tolerating yogurt, pudding, strained cream soup, applesauce, etc.  Then Wednesday night I was taking my (crushed) medicine and felt like it got "stuck" (like with the good ol band).  So, like with the band, I made me mistake of trying to drink.... which made it worse.  After over an hour of hiccuping and burping I finally just encouraged myself to throw up!  I finally felt better and was able to sleep.

So, I called my doctor Thursday and they told me to do ice chips and clear liquids for a few hours, then full the rest and call the next morning.  Same thing - fine during the day.... tried to take meds in yogurt and boom!!  Had to throw it up.  Called doc Friday morning and she said stay on clears until Monday and call back.  Well, gotta get the meds in - used yogurt again.... same crap!!  

Today I have gotten my Prilosec in with some Jello.... but I am starting to really worry I may have screwed up deciding to do this -OR- that something is really wrong (from the band) and I may never be "normal" again!!  

Did anyone else with band to sleeve experience this??  I am really depressed and scared!!!  Any info appreciated!

Tonya

I couldn't do yogurt at your stage either, only thin liquids.  Just give it time.  The more you vomit the more swelling you cause, that is why your surgeon is telling you clears, to calm down your sleeve.

Hang in there, it gets better.  But you do need to do whatever is necessary to stop the vomiting/more swelling cycle.

pineview01
on 5/14/13 4:00 pm - Davison, MI

We couldn't take any pills either.  We had to break open Prilosec and pump the insides into a spoon/medicine cup and take sips of water to get them down.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active