RNY Intermitant small bowl obstruction needs fixing considering revision

sasnshan
on 5/1/13 10:47 pm

So long time no posting and very little lurking, I am almost 5 years out and still 90 lbs down from my high, so yah to that.  Life got busy and hubby needed my focus for various issues and I have been too busy to focus on myself.  Typical right?  lol  any who..    about 3 years ago I started having occasional sever pain in my abdomen right in the middle below my ribs.  PCP first thought chronic constipation, but I am very careful to monitor that.  She basically said take more stool softeners and don't be too concerned. well it got more frequent and she didn't seem to be taking me seriously.  I also had a lot of mussel and joint pain and I mean constant pain.  she said I just wasn't exercising enough. so I changed pcps.  New dr took me seriously and sent me for a butt ton of tests for the muscle pain and sent me to a gastro for the excruciating episodes of abdominal pain.  I was diagnosed with fibro last year and am currently being treated for that.  an ongoing process.  as to the abdominal pain, talk about an ongoing process. the pains have been getting worse more frequent and longer in duration.  still diagnosing to be sure, but it looks like it is more then likely a sb obstruction, more then likely caused by an internal hernia from the RNY.  if I have to have surgery to correct that, and since it has caused my upper sb to basically stretch to the size of a small stomach, I was considering consulting with my surgeon about a revision.  I would like to hear any similar stories, and to hear from people who have had revisions, what they revised to, RNY with more bypass, DS, VSG?  looking for vast amounts of information, as I like lots to base my decisions upon.  Thanks so much all!!

Shasta, RNY 8/6/08

Hislady
on 5/2/13 5:27 am - Vancouver, WA

I'm not at all informed on RNY so can't help much with that except to advise post this on the RNY and DS forums, both have some very well educated folks. As for your fibro we have a fibro forum on OH and if you have any questions or issues feel free to post there and we'll be glad to try to help. It's not a fun thing to be stuck with for sure!

sasnshan
on 5/4/13 10:55 pm

Thank you..  I didn't realize that this was not the Forum i was looking for to get the answers i seek...  I will repost elsewhere.

Shasta

pineview01
on 5/20/13 3:31 am - Davison, MI

You are on the right forum!  You just might find people that have had the revisions and only post now on their new surgery forums.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ttrina50
on 5/4/13 8:38 am
Hey I had the same problem with my bowel, I'm having revision on may 10 so I feel you. My friend had it and lost weight
sasnshan
on 5/4/13 10:57 pm

Please let me know how it goes..  you could say that I am vitally interested..  lol  Which test showed your issue?  How far out was your friend?

Shasta

ttrina50
on 5/5/13 11:48 am
I had the bowel surgery on 8/22/2012. My friend had bowel surgery on january 2012 then revision in November 2012 so far she had lost 60 lbs. I will keep you inform on my progress.
sasnshan
on 5/5/13 1:38 pm

Thank you..  I really hope it goes well for you..  Which revision are you having? and which did your friend have?

Shasta

ttrina50
on 5/6/13 10:46 pm
Good morning my surgery is May 10, I'm having Rny to Rny, also my friend had the same thing I know most people have the DS but my surgeon does not offer that. And I just have to believe it will work for me also . Every person is different , last year made me change so much of my bad ways of eating. The bowel surgery was very painful, so now I have changed. Ready to deal with a lot of eating habits, I will keep in touch with you
sasnshan
on 5/8/13 3:50 pm

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!  I am pulling for you..  are you going to go from Proximal to Distal?

Most Active