having RNY revision due to dilation... stories please!!

Amber1981
on 4/28/13 6:04 am - Fairfield, IA

OMG I can't believe it has been so long since I have visited! A LOT has happened, including a new baby! I'm now a Mom of 2, Hoytt is now 8 and Abel will be 1yr next month. I took a new Charge Nurse job after I had Abel and LOVE it!!

As for my progress since my last update. Lets just say Abel added MORE than enough extra weight! It took 2 years of hormones...pills, shots, pills, shots and finally a positive pregnancy test....then more weight! Talk about depressing!!! I gained 97lb WOAHZA!

So after LOTS of work and trying to to get off this weight, I lost about 35# of it and still NOTHING. So I went to see Dr Coster again for help. After lots of tests we found that my anastomosis has dilated and I'll be having a revision May 3rd.

I am so excited to have the chance at a revision, I miss the old me!

I really need to hear some views on this and other stories! My first RNY was very successful - going from 366.6lb to 134.8lb . I'm really just ready to get back there!!!

Stories please!!

Tonya M.
on 4/29/13 4:10 pm - Fort Dodge, IA
Hey there Amber! I just wanted to let you know today I am 3 weeks post op with a revision and had Dr. Severidt of Grinnell Surgical Associated do my surgery. Recuperation was a breeze! Hope all goes well with yours!

Remember to: "Love God, Love Yourself & Love Others"

Highest W. 260/Pre-Surgery W. 247

Revision: 4/9/2013

heathercross
on 4/29/13 9:38 pm - New York, NY

Amber, I remember you from "back in the day".  I had a revision too but to a band-over-byapass.  Keep in touch if you need any support.

Heather

daisies76
on 5/5/13 1:35 am

What kind of revision did you have done?  I am having a Band over Bypass done on May 10th.  I had my RNY in 2002

Take care!

tina01
on 5/7/13 6:31 am - Wilmington, DE

Hi,

I was wondering how you are doing after your revision?  I have an enlarged stoma and wanted to know what kind of revision you had done.  My pouch seems to be a good size, but it feels so strange when I eat and am hungry a 1/2 hour later.  I find myself gravitating towards foods that don't give me that 'weird' feeling... and am steadily gaining.  My surgeon basically says, "nothing can be done.  oh well, go on weigh****chers"   :(

Hope your surgery went well and update us when you can.   Take care

MsBatt
on 5/8/13 12:22 am

What your surgeon REALLY means is that there's nothing HE can do. Talk to some folks who've had their RNY revised to a DS. They all seem to be pretty happy!

Most Active