Revision - Dr. Bipan Chand

Penny H.
on 4/28/13 12:11 am - Holland, MI

Good Day Everyone,

I am planning on have a revision done by Dr. Bipan Chand at Loyola University in Chicago IL.

He is using a scope to go down the throat and suture the opening of my pouch and cinch it to the appropriate size.

I am here to ask if anyone has had Dr. Chand or the revision I am talking about?

Thank you for your time.

Penny

dhenrn
on 5/5/13 5:41 am - NYC-Long Island, NY

I am not certain but your procedure sounds like the Stomaphyx which did nothing for me but give me a killer soar throat.  I had RNY 4/2003 lost 98 lbs then about 2008 I noticed I could eat a full meal and did not feel full so I did some research and learned about the Stomaphyx ( sorry I am probably misspelling the word) so I had the procedure done in 6/2008.  I lost about 8 lbs but that was it.  I work out 5 days a week and have a well balanced diet ( I get my protein in as much as possible).  This is only my exprience and with WLS I find that everyone has different experiences.  Goodluck with you procedure.

Whit
on 5/5/13 7:36 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi This sounds like a Placation or Rose procedure like DHern stated. Unfortunately I have not heard anything positive on this site about that "Fix".   Does this DR have a support group or a list of patients who will talk to you about their results and level of satisfaction?

I researched this, RNY to RNY (RNY Tune-up), Stoma fix, and DS. For best long term results I went with revision to DS. It has not been an easy road but it was my only choice really and normalcy is returning slowly. 

Good luck with your surgery but do not be afraid to put a fire under your Surgeon. Most tend to push what they can do and not what is necessarily best for the patient long term.

Best,

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Whit
on 5/5/13 7:52 am
Revision on 12/10/12

oh and I am not pushing my surgery just be sure your choice is informed and your choice not  just dictated by insurance limitations or DR ability.

Again good luck.

Best

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active