Post Op ERNY'rs to DS Revisions Have Questions, Really could use some answers!

JROLFSON
on 4/18/13 1:12 am - St. George, UT

I'm considering a Revision to DS. I spent many years on this board, several years ago but don't see anyone I recognize from that time. I am an RNY to ERNY looking for DS Revision. I have a Dr. but wanting some answers from those Revisions who have already made the jump.

I would specifically like to hear from anyone who has had an ERNY Revision to DS. How are you doing, weight loss maintenance, vitamin maintenance?

Thank you so much

Zee Starrlite
on 4/18/13 3:15 am

Hey, I am sure that through the years you've been in touch with VitaLady Michelle - as you probably know, she has an ERNY and has managed very well.

I hope you can solve whatever issues you are having without additional surgeries.  I worry about a full pouch take down for you as your original surgery was a stomach stapling then RNY then ERNY and now to DS .

I am a revision too.  I remember you from a while back.  I am sorry if you are having troubles - that sucks!

All Best,

L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

JROLFSON
on 4/18/13 3:54 am - St. George, UT

Hi Zee:

Yes, I remember you also. How are you doing?

Like you I am extremely worried about the same thing. I actually started my weight loss surgery journey with a Gastric Stapling that came apart they revised me 10 years later to the RNY and 20 years later to an ERNY so (3) WLS Surgeries in my past mean a lot of scarring and trauma in there but honestly I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I've spoken to Dr. K and it seems like the only way to get me back on my feet again to where I am able to absorb nutrients without having to take so much.

I would love to talk with several of those people who have had the ERNY Revision to DS to see how their progress is going.

Thanks for your kind words ...

Janie

jzwife
on 4/18/13 12:14 pm

Hi Janie,

I too remember you and think we even chatted on the phone at some point. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I recently went from the RNY to a revision to the DS. I am only 4 weeks out but can tell a  huge difference in my anatomy. I like the idea that my pyloric valve has been restored, I surgeon told me that the ERNY has a lot more issues wit malabsorption than the DS. He used to do a lot of RNY surgeries but says he wishes now they could have been the Ds. He says its a far superior surgery to the RNY.I am working at getting my vitamins in and the weight is coming off. I'm sorry I can be more help as far as having the ERNY. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. I know the DS board is full of information- the people are wonderful and willing to help where they can. So much more informed than myself.

Sharon

JROLFSON
on 4/19/13 3:59 pm - St. George, UT
Thanks Sharon so sweet of you to send me a message how wonderful for you to have had the revision to Ds good luck in your new journey...love to keep in touch thanks so much!
Most Active