Revision and weight loss

michelle M.
on 4/16/13 11:35 pm - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

Yeah, I have lost a total of 36 pounds since my surgery on 1/17/2013.  I was concerned at what i conceived as  slow weight loss.  I had a stall at 3 weeks and was pretty upset at that time.  Several of the vets gave great advice about calming down and let me know that as a revision and a light weight my weight loss would be at a slower pace.  I can say that i took that advice and  the scale is moving, consistently slow, but moving. I am a happy camper.   I have reached the onederlands and was able to squeeze into a pair of pants that i couldn't get beyond my knee.  Exciting

For those of you who are stressed and obsessed over how little your weight loss appears to be I would just pass on the advice of the veterns.  Relax, it will come.  Hang in there, especially during those stalls.  Next time I hit that stall period i hope that someone will repeat the same advice that i just passed on.  haha

JulieIND
on 4/17/13 12:31 am - Indianapolis, IN

I'm glad it's going better for you!  Yippeeeee  :)

jzwife
on 4/17/13 2:43 am

Thank you! I am at that 3 week stall- I lost 20 lbs the first 3 weeks. I haven't lost anything the past 8 days- just hanging around the same old number. I'm grateful for the 20 lb loss tho. Hopefully I will jump on the scales one day and will be down another 5! I am a revision so I know things are a little different this time around.

Sharon

Whit
on 4/17/13 1:47 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

I had surgery 12/10 RNY to DS. To date I have lost 61 pounds. I am still not eating much very tiny sensitive tummy. Hopefully This will change soon. I miss food. 

Anyway I do not think that is slow. I am 29 pounds away from goal. I could careless if it takes me another year to get there. I just want to eat more food.

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active