5 weeks post op from Sleeve to RNY ... is weightloss slower???

rows4u
on 4/16/13 1:04 pm
Revision on 03/11/13

So i'm 5 weeks and 1 day post op from my revision surgery and I've lost 29 pounds so far. 20 of it being from the first 2 weeks. I think that's what I'm so flustered about!!!! I've lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks?!?!?! For real!!!!!!!! I've been going to the gym for the past two weeks 5 days each. I signed up with a personal trainer and paid him for a total of 8 months worth of sessions at 2 sessions a week. I'm on soft foods but during the day I can hardly remember to eat. At night while grading papers or other work I find myself thinking that I'm hungry... I know it's head hunger and wanting to eat out of boredom but man that's a hard habit to kick! I've just been grabbing a bottle of water or eating part of a banana or chewing on gum and it seems to go away.

Is there something that I'm doing, not doing, or should be doing that might help with the weight loss and is it true that revision surgery gives a slower results? I went from the sleeve to the RNY and started at 261 day of surgery and now at 232. I feel like the scale is always staying the same but I know i've dropped sizes in clothes. SUGGESTION??

Whit
on 4/16/13 1:36 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

I was revised from RNY to DS. I really can not give you any advise except... revisions lose weight at a slower pace. Relax and keep doing what you are doing. I am 5 months out and had a stall for 4 full weeks however I dropped almost 2 sizes. 

Good luck

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sherrie P.
on 4/21/13 12:40 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Hmmmm - by your post I am far worse off than you are.

I have lost 36 pounds in 10 weeks.  I think 3.6 pounds per week is good. 

29 pounds in 5 weeks is fast, not slow.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

rows4u
on 4/25/13 12:44 pm
Revision on 03/11/13

Feels like it's slow compared to the first 5 weeks of my first surgery with the sleeve. I got a trainer 2 weeks ago and see him twice a week. I go 2 other times for just cardio and haven't seen the scale move much at all and its driving me crazy. I've lost inches and can tell in my clothes but I figured with it being the RNY that I would be seeing the weight drop off quicker!!!

Most Active