2nd Time Around: What's your Revision Plan for Success

moonchild1968
on 4/14/13 6:08 am - Tucker, GA

I am revising from band to sleeve on Thursday, April 18 and I want to get it right this time.  I trust my surgeon (the same one), but I've noticed that results vary widely. While I know that the band was not a good tool for me because I never had good restrictiion (always too tight or too loose), I also know that I did not make lifestyle changes with the band.  I want the sleeve to be different and I've got a new game plan.  I have a lot of weight to lose and I am not getting back in the proverbial saddle again only to end up where I started (again) and still be classified as morbidly obese.  If you've revised,  how has the journey been for you? What have you done differently to be successful the second time around? For pre-ops, do you plan on doing anything different?

Tiggybeep
on 4/14/13 8:33 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

I went from band (in 2003) to bypass (4/2/13).  For me, the difference is going to be 1) having serious medical co-morbidities I NEED to get rid of this time around (diabetes, sleep apnea), and 2) extensive support systems in place.  I'm still a new post-op at this point with my bypass but I feel confident that it will be able to help me more than the band ever did (never had adequate restriction, even with it filled to the max). 

pineview01
on 4/14/13 2:47 pm - Davison, MI

I have restriction this time, something I never could find with the band.  I also will be able to eat  the high protein, low carb diet that I have done well with.  With the band I could only eat liquid or everything, depending on the day.  I wasn't  able to eat healthy with my first tool and plan to with this one.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

moonchild1968
on 4/16/13 10:23 am - Tucker, GA

This time I'm seeking the mind, body, spirit trifecta.

Most Active