One week post band > sleeve!

tonnabug
on 5/7/13 2:30 pm - Huntsville, AL
Revision on 04/29/13

Well, the surgery was TOUGH!!!  I wondered many times WHAT I had done to myself!!  Now a week out, I am feeling much better.  Still struggling to get everything in, but I am trying!!  Still have a little gas around in my chest cavity on the left side, but it is *SO* much better!!  My hubby had VSG yesterday and all the movement in & around the hospital was a challenge, but I need that to be ready to go back to work next week.  Hubby is doing well.... he didn't have NEAR the nausea I did - but the soreness caught him off guard!!  

While in the hospital I read a lot on the VSG and the band - and OMG... some of the horror stories I saw about the band!  I don't know what is going to happen with my new sleeve, but I am glad that band is GONE!!  

Tonya!!

Began journey in 2007 at 312, had Lap band 2008, lost 40 pre-op then 24 post op, regained to 319.  Lost 39# on my own, then revised to VSG 4/29/13 @ 280.

sfnativewm
on 5/7/13 11:53 pm

Good morning!  glad you are feeling better!   LOL I felt so bad you scared the heck out of me!

I will if and when approved have both surgerys at once so I don't miss much work.     How much time off work are you going to miss?    What were and are you able to do physically each day?

Congrats to your husband!!!   And yes the horror stories are beginning to really scare me!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

tonnabug
on 5/8/13 12:57 pm - Huntsville, AL
Revision on 04/29/13

I took two weeks off.... I will go back next Monday.  Comparing my surgery to my hubby's surgery (on a virgin stomach) - his went a lot easier!!  I was told to expect more nausea and I did!!  My hubby walked a good 15-16 laps in the hospital in one night... I was there 2 nights and think I only ever walked about 8 laps.  The first week, I slept a lot.... had to sleep on the sofa.... tried to get up as much as I could.  But, by 5-6 days out I did feel much better.  I am still weak and fatigue very easily, but it will get better!

Began journey in 2007 at 312, had Lap band 2008, lost 40 pre-op then 24 post op, regained to 319.  Lost 39# on my own, then revised to VSG 4/29/13 @ 280.

Zee Starrlite
on 5/8/13 6:16 am

Good Luck Tonya!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Hislady
on 5/8/13 12:25 pm - Vancouver, WA

Way to go my little Bug, Glad it's going well, you are gonna love seeing the scale finally go down! Wishing the very best of luck to you and hubby! Be sure to take some right after surgery photos of both of you and together so you have awesome pictures for a later photo spread when you guys are all skinny!

ButterflyAna
on 5/9/13 1:13 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I am glad you are feeling better. I am glad my band is out as well. My Dr. said that he is removing more and more of the them. I think the bands were not created for a long term solution.
I hope both you and your husband have a speedy recovery.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Most Active