Revision Scheduled Next Tuesday 4/16

annapedziwiatr
on 4/10/13 11:51 pm, edited 4/11/13 6:31 am - Glendale, AZ
Well, I have another GI bleed... an open Revision, Partial Gastrectomy, G or J-Tube placement has been scheduled for 4/16....if I don't bleed out before then....YIKES! So I guess I'm doing this, basically this GI Bleed(#6) has made surgical repair my only option. My surgeon originally told me he was going to remove my entire remnant and then when I was in the office yesterday he decided that he would only take about 80% and leave the rest incase I need it at a later date. We discussed all the "possibles" leak, infection & thoracotomy being a few. I will stay inpatient for a minimum of 7days & will probably start off in the SICU. Blood transfusions will most likely be needed. I already loosing blood & I'm already anemic. I am pretty scared about this surgery. My husband & I will be updating my living will. Which scares me even more. If anyone has gone through the same thing....advice is appreciated.
annapedziwiatr
on 4/11/13 6:33 am - Glendale, AZ
I had to change that.....they moved it up to Tuesday. Hope I make it through the weekend....if not I'm to go to the ER & he will admit me early.
pineview01
on 4/14/13 1:47 pm - Davison, MI

Where you able to make it thur the weekend?  I hope so and all is well.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active