sleeve to sleeve revison anyone?

isaiahsma
on 4/4/13 1:36 am

have any of you ever had a sleeve to sleeve revision? my sleeve was made way too big and that combined with a too early pregnancy and a uneducated OB lead to me needing a revision.. im not interested any any other WLS.. any info would be great! thanks

pineview01
on 4/4/13 2:24 pm - Davison, MI

Some here have been re-sleeved!  Did they say they made it too large?  How did they figure it out?  I am a band to sleeve but, it seems to big to me.  May just be because it wasn't a virgin.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

gee1963
on 4/5/13 2:23 pm - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13

Why do you think it is too big?

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

isaiahsma
on 4/5/13 5:12 pm

Because I have no restriction and a upper GI confirmed it was made to large to begin with and it was also stretched a bit by my pregnancy and the pregnancy hormones

MsBatt
on 4/8/13 10:49 am

Yes, you  can be re-Sleeved---but you need a really experienced surgeon. A re-Sleeving is at greater risk of leaks, especially if the new staple line crosses the old staple line. I know you say you're not interested in any other WLS, but have you considered the DS? The DS has the same stomach as the Sleeve, plus an intestinal bypass that causes permanent malabsorption of calories. This is probably why the DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats.

Most Active