Revision RNY to RNY approved within 2 days BCBS Federal. Any feedback on procedure?

thisismyear
on 4/4/13 12:59 am

I just went for what worked best. My story, had an RNY in 2009, got pregnant and gave birth in 2011. Gained approx 40-50 pounds back of the over 125+ weight loss. I gained slowly but have topped out to my highest weight for the past 2 or 3 months. I am ready to get this done.

BCBS Federal did not require me to have the 3 months of weight loss documentation. I met with the NUT and PYSCH.

Please give me your feedback. Surgery scheduled in 3 weeks!  

indecisionangry

Whit
on 4/6/13 8:35 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Unfortunately I have not heard any good feedback mostly negative. The most lost was about 30 pounds.  I really researched all of my options. I almost had the RNY tune-up however I chose to revise to DS. Best rate of success and the most complicated. 

You can read my profile for more details of my experience with the RNY to RNY Doc.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

donna39
on 4/7/13 2:47 pm - FL

Hi Whit, I was going to have the RNY tune up as well. The doctor told me it will not help me at all. He said the DS will be better for me. He told me with the RNY tune up I would only lose 20 lbs.  

MsBatt
on 4/8/13 10:51 am

You should really consider getting revised to the DS instead. After all, if the RNY didn't work for you the FIRST time, what makes you think it will work any better the second time around? The DS has absolutely THE best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, period. (It's "what works best". *grin*)

AngelicMythology
on 4/8/13 1:20 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I revised to the distal on January 21. I'm down 40 lbs so far. I had proximal rny back Jan 2007. Good luck for a safe, healthy, and speedy recovery :-) 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

thisismyear
on 4/8/13 2:00 pm

i appreciate that feedback! i have heard success stories so i remain hopeful. 

Amber1981
on 4/28/13 6:27 am - Fairfield, IA

I too have had another child and gained TOO MUCH weight and now can't get it off.  I too am revising from RNY to RNY as my stoma has dilated. 

I don't hear much about rny to rny revisions however my inital surgery was very successful and I feel this one will be as well or my Dr wouldn't recommend it to me.  He is the same dr that did my original surgery 12 years ago and I trust him completly!

I wish you the best, please let me know how things go.  I am scheduled for my revision 5/3/13

Amber

Most Active