Finally, I have made a decision!

nativenewyorker64
on 4/3/13 3:29 am - UT

I decided on the DS. My date is May 14th. I am nervous and excited. I pray everything goes smoothly. I can't wait to be band freeeeee. Yes, I 'm a lightweight, but I have yoyo-ed my whole life. Since 3rd grade. I never know what size or weight I am going to be. I hope things will stabilize with the DS. I would love to hear from anyone that has had a revision from band to DS. I would to hear about recovery. Thanks in advance!!!

pineview01
on 4/3/13 5:26 am - Davison, MI

Good Luck.  If your look below you will see a couple that have.

My sister had a DS.  I had a band to sleeve.  My other sister and DD both had sleeves.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

michelle M.
on 4/3/13 5:47 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

Great news.  I would have made the same decision if i had had all of the information.  Good luck and keep us all posted.

Michelle

Linda_S
on 4/7/13 2:27 am - Eugene, OR

Congratulations.  I think you've made a wise choice.  RNY can have too many serious complications - I know because I'm having the mother of all RNY complications - severe hypoglycemia.  Eating protein and salad for every meal gets really old after a while. Best of luck to you!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active