First Consultation for RNY to DS with Dr. Stewart

hayley88
on 4/2/13 2:51 am

I have my first consultation with Dr Stewart next week. I'm hoping all goes well. I'm seeking a DS from an RNY done in 1998. I lost over 200 lbs but have gained that weight back.  For those out there who have had this revision is it possible to still loose a large amount of weight. I'd love to be able to get the 200 lbs off again. Just not sure it's possible. I'm self pay also.  It's been hard choosing to pay not knowing for sure the outcome, but I feel I have to do something. I've been working on it on my own again for about 3wks and have lost 20lbs but this week I have had no weight loss and have done the same thing I did last week.  Any experience or info would be helpful to me.

MsBatt
on 4/2/13 3:04 am

A stall about 3 weeks into any weight-loss is completely normal. Just keep on doing what you're doing---once your body adjusts, it will start working again.

I'm not a revision patient, but I'm sure there'll be an RNY-to-DS patient along soon to answer your questions. Most of them have been VERY successful!

nmroxie
on 4/11/13 5:33 am - Lake Dallas,, TX

Dr. Stewart is awesome! I am coming up  on my 3rd year anniversary of my RNY to DS revision and am a new person!  I had gained half of what I lost back with the RNY over 9 years but now am at my goal weight and feel fantastic.  I don't know your exact medical history but I know Dr. Stewart will be very straight forward with you.  Please let us know what happens. You can email me through this website if you want any additional info. Good luck with your journey!

Most Active