Need some advice- I am long winded...sorry

bb30046
on 3/29/13 1:45 pm - GA

Hey Yall,

Got a question or really want some opinions here...I had bypass surgery in 2005...developed a hernia last year and had surgery to repair it. In October had another lump/bulge right above the hernia area from last year. Went back to the doctor *****paired my hernia and did my gastric bypass - he was like no big deal it appears you have another hernia in an area above what was repaired last year. He said he would fix .

This doctor is 50 miles from my home and I wanted to find another doctor closer to me so I wouldn't have to travel back and fourth because it is a big hassle so I thought to go to someone around my home. My original doctor had me do a cat scan with contrast and drink barium so this new doctor I was scheduled to see wanted me to bring the report so he could see that and advise about having my hernia operation with him (this doctor is also a bariatric surgeon) as soon as this doctor comes into the room he was like this hernia is really not an issue the issue is you have barium showing up in and areas that are supposed to be closed off. I didn't know what to say..I told him I didn't know what he was talking about - he said basically your gastric bypass has reversed. I was like OMG...huh...I didn't know what to say. 1st I was wondering why my other doctor didn't even say anything about that....and this new doctor was like you need to go back to him and let him know. He was basically saying I am not touching you. So not sure what to do now...I am scheduled to see my old doctor 04/09/2013 so I will find out then....I kept on wondering why I never lost weight probably 78 lbs total. Not sure how long this has been!!

Not sure what he is going to say....I had my original surgery in 2005 under a different insurance plan- My current insurance company United Healthcare says that bariatric services are not covered..any advise would be appreciated!!!

jzwife
on 3/29/13 4:40 pm

I had a similar issue.I had an RNY back in 2005- lost about 50lbs then stopped losing. Long story short, I had a fistula where my pouch had reattached itself to my old stomach so my food was going there and also into my revised part.. I jsut had a revision done several weeks ago to a DS. My surgeon told me that there was no way I would ever lose weight the way my body was- the gastric bypass had basically failed.

good luck.

If you have any questions or want to talk Private message me and I will be happy to fill you in with a few more details.

Sharon

Most Active