Revision and insurance

lv_my_labs
on 3/26/13 12:48 pm

Can anyone and everyone and everyone give me their experience with having your insurance pay for a revision surgery.  Specifically those with the "one per lifetime" clause. Tips, tricks, any special hoops?  Thanks!!!

sherryhall62
on 3/27/13 2:44 am - MI

yes am interested in this also

Michelle R.
on 3/27/13 3:11 am - Falls Church, VA
I'm going through the same thing.
lv_my_labs
on 3/27/13 5:47 am
Have you started the process at Michelle?
airforcemom324
on 3/28/13 2:37 am - MI

im too thin do they fix us. i cant eat never hungry way toooo thin 10yrs out lap rny was 298 now 125 tops on a good day.any help appreciated. seeing doc 4/1/13 anything medically neccisarey is ussualy pd for by ins. like weightloss surgery. im hoping for like a reversal. is this even possible im not good on computer lol obvious good luck to all. i have regrets but what can u do

Jana W.
on 3/28/13 7:03 am - Fairview Heights, IL

Nope i sure cant. Let me knowif you figure it out. I have been denied by tricare and dont k now what else to do.

Sherrie P.
on 3/28/13 11:46 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I was denied originally - but it was because they determined I was "non compliant" with the band.  

My tips would be - look up obesity law and see if there are posts there about getting that once per lifetime clause overturned.  

Or, go to Mexico -- Ready4aChange folks are very helpful.

I was banded there and would have been revised there, but my insurance finally relented.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/13 1:04 pm - Springfield, IL
Revision on 03/04/13

I was denied my revision because they said i was non-compliant with the band.  I then hired Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy and after a year of fighting i was approved.  .

pineview01
on 3/31/13 2:33 pm - Davison, MI

I was denied for revision too.  I had to have all the info submitted showing all the medical problems with the band.  All the test and fills and unfills.  Once I had shown medical need I had to go thru the process like I never had surgery.  I had to have a bmi of 35 and co-morbs also.  Even after I had the verbal appeal and OK to start the process over, I had to make calls as they denied me every step of the way.

Good luck.  Document, document and document.  I had a fill or unfill every month for the last 8 months before I started.  I also started the 6 month supervised diet with my PCP while going thru this which saved time.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Monet2009
on 4/2/13 1:23 pm - FL
VSG on 04/05/13 with
This is my take, I was banded November 2008 and lost 85 lbs in the first 18 months. After that I was still seeing my PCP for my high blood pressure and she was constantly monitoring my weight, and exercise. So when I started to gain weight, she was also documenting that in my charts. I have gained about 40 lbs back which probably because my band and tubing are no longer connected. My surgeon request medical records for the last 3 years, so my revision was approved in a week. I am getting sleeved on 4/5/13. Documentation is the key.

Monet

Most Active