Updated status: Band to DS revision

thinlizzie12
on 3/18/13 6:41 pm - KS
DS on 01/24/13
Needed to share with those who are contemplating band to another wls period. I lost 20 lbs in 6 years with the band. I never gave up until the doc doing my last unfill in August 2012. I had my revision on 1/24/13. I chose the DS because I knew it was not the amount of food I was eating (could hardly get anything down with the band). I have lost 43.6 lbs since surgery date. I hit onderland today. I have not been here in about 15 years. Its been unbelievable so far. I feel so much better. This is what I thought the band was supposed to do for me. The only thing the band did was make me puke everyday, and all my teeth are capped in the back because of it.
I was considered a lightweight before surgery at 240 even. Standing at 5'2 it was heavy duty for my body. I can sit down and put my elbows on my knees. I haven't been able to do that since 1997.
I wanted to post this because I have been where a lot of you are at right now. Struggling. I made the DS decision because i needed help getting to a healthy goal weight. For my height 180 will not due for me. My goal is 120 and I have no doubt in my mind that it is going to happen. I watch my sugar and carbs and take my vits.....that's about all the difference Ihave made. Just thought this post would help someone on here....besides...I needed to share with my friends here that I am in ONDERLAND baby!!!

aphillips631
on 3/18/13 10:35 pm
DS on 06/10/13

That's great! I'm still waiting to hear if my insurance is going to approve the DS. So ready to get this band out and have prayed everyday that I will get a second chance with the DS. Hope your next 43.6 lbs come off as easily as your last!

Stephanie M.
on 3/19/13 1:19 am

Congrats!  I'm meeting with my PA today to discuss removal/revision...fingers crossed!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Rkincaid04
on 3/24/13 3:39 am - NC
Your post makes me so excited to get the DS who did your surgery?
thinlizzie12
on 3/28/13 6:45 am - KS
DS on 01/24/13

Dr. Carlyle Dunshee performed my DS. He was great! When are you having surgery? 

Rkincaid04
on 3/29/13 12:15 pm - NC
I'm going to have to go to Mexico because my insurance won't cover a revision surgery, so I'm going to dr ungson! Right now it's looking like June 25th will be the day! However, it's not set in stone yet, I've got to clear it with work first. I'm hoping three weeks off will be enough!
Most Active