Band to Sleeve Revision - Lap Band Slip-Saw Surgeon Today

angdenise
on 3/13/13 2:07 am - IN
VSG on 05/28/13

Hi,

I am in the process of getting a revision.  We are getting ready to send for approval and I'm hopeful.  I found out last week that I have a slight slip in my band (I can still eat and drink but have a LOT of restriction).  I had been looking at a revision before but wasn't sure...this kind of pushed me over the edge. 

Anyone here who has been band to sleeve what did you think of your revision?  How was your loss with the band?  How has it been with the sleeve?  How long did you have your band before revising?  I am just really curious about other peoples experiences. 

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

kellied77
on 3/13/13 3:49 am

I am too waiting for a preapproval.  my band has been a mess.  It has now slipped and caused a hernia.  I'm told that insurance will pay to remove and hoping they will cover the sleeve too. 

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

Hislady
on 3/13/13 10:30 am - Vancouver, WA

I haven't had a revision yet but hope to when I can get some bariatric coverage. However I have been reading on this forum and the sleeve forum for about a year and I would guess at least 1/3 of the people on the sleeve forum have had a band. The one thing they all say is the sleeve works like we were told the band would but didn't. I don't think I've read of more than 1 or 2 people who were not happy with their sleeves. Most have gone on to get to their goal weight and are very happy. So good luck to both of you!!

Most Active