Changing Facilities

TynettaM
on 3/7/13 12:04 am - Greensboro, NC

I'm having a melt down.

So, I paid some past bills at my hospital. So I get a cal today saying hey you owe  $10,967l

I'm like are you kidding me......that is not right.

Now I have to look for another Dr and a facility...........and to think i was getting happy that I got approved yesterday.

Whit
on 3/7/13 4:27 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

Ask for a copy of the bill and then check with your insurance company. This is not the first time a Hospital or Dr has billed incorrectly. If you paid the deductible and the out of pocket max you are ok. 

I just had revision surgery and received a bill from Pathology. I called them and told them it was in error and they said oh yes you are right. Please disregard the bill your insurance will cover it.  If I would have paid it I would be out the money. They would have kept it...

You can also see if your Surgeon has privileges at another Hospital.

Good luck

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Hislady
on 3/7/13 5:56 am - Vancouver, WA

I agree with the OP, seems I spend my whole life dealing with docs and insurance issues that are messed up. Just because they send a bill doesn't mean they are correct. Verify your coverage and contact the hospital that you believe they have made an error. Best of luck to you!

TynettaM
on 3/7/13 6:02 am - Greensboro, NC

I've been working on it all day.

I work for an insurance company, so when I got the news this morning....I started laughing......then anger set it.....but i'm good now.....working to get it done.....I did contact Duke Metabolic Clinic.....just b/c I know this is going to take a while.......

I'll hear something back from them fairly quickly....I talked to someone today.

pineview01
on 3/7/13 7:48 am - Davison, MI

My insurance changed on me and I didn't know it.  The started the out of pocket co-pay so I found myself with a $215 co-pay.  I thought it was a mistake.  I called and was informed the implement the policy 1/1/13.  So my center caused me by playing games and putting me off until after the New Year.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

TynettaM
on 3/11/13 12:27 am - Greensboro, NC

Got a new surgeon team and I'm happy. I have heard nothing but great things from this group and i'm excited to meet Dr MC Natt of the NC Baptist Hospital Weight Management Team on 3/18.

Most Active