Band to Sleeve Revision Questions

angdenise
on 3/6/13 10:30 am - IN
VSG on 05/28/13

Hi,

I am looking at a band to sleeve revision (was interested before but just found out my band has a slight slip so now is a good time).  I had lost 140 lbs initially with the band but have put 60lbs back on.  Is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience and revised to the sleeve?  Where you able to get what you gained back off plus any additional weight?  Any advice?

Thanks!!

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

Hislady
on 3/7/13 5:51 am - Vancouver, WA

I haven't revised yet but hope to one day however I have been reading on the sleeve forum for over a year and I can tell you that the sleeve has been successful for many exbandsters. They all say the sleeve works like we were told the band would but didn't. Many have reached their goal weight with the sleeve. I'd suggest you go read on the sleeve forum and ask for responses over there. You wouldn't believe how many people have revised from band to sleeve! Good luck!

pineview01
on 3/7/13 8:39 am - Davison, MI

Hi!  I am a band to sleeve revision.  I lost 80 with the band, 20 pre-surgery.  I had lots of issues with the band over a 2.5 year period.  I had the band removed 9/4/12.  I was able to get my sleeve 1/22/13.  I had a 30 pound regain.  Four weeks after getting the band I was down to the low I had reached with the band.

I haven't loss anymore but, am only six weeks out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

beth B.
on 3/20/13 6:48 am - cupertino, CA

I just had the same done on the 13th.  I had originally lost 85 lbs and then gained 35-40 back.  I was fine for 5 years and the weight gain happened over 1 1/2 years, the band just stopped working and I also learned ways around it.  So far recuperating well and hoping for a new jump start.

Most Active