Revision scheduled band to bypass

huntgirl1991
on 3/6/13 6:14 am
After looking more into my insurance company's requirements and realizing that to get my revision I would have to have a BMi of 35 for 2 years I've decided to go to Mexico. I'm going through beliteweight and Dr Rodriguez is my surgeon. I'm going from band to bypass and my surgery date is May the 7th. I'm so excited and can't wait 9 weeks! I'm trying to really plan ahead of all my meals and supplements and I'm so overwhelmed, which protein to use which supplements to use its so overwhelming....

smileyjamie72
on 3/8/13 2:28 pm - Palmer, AK

Just curious...... Have you researched the DS?  (Duodenal Switch).  Dr. Ungson in Mexico is one of the best.  You owe it to yourself to make sure you have all of the facts!!!

Did you know that the DS has the BEST long term weight loss stastics for keeping the weight off.  As you look on this board, you will see many failed RNY's.

Please research the DS.  DSFacts.com is a good place to start. You can take NSAIDS with the DS.  With the RNY you can NEVER take them again.  For Life.  With the RNY, you have a greater chance of developing reactive hypoglycemia (google it).  It is no fun.  I started to develop it.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

huntgirl1991
on 3/8/13 10:30 pm

I was researching the DS but two doctors recommended against it because of my age (22) they said its too radical of an operation. I only have about 50 pounds to lose and I'd be afraid of losing too much with the DS. I can't take NSAIDS anyway because They caused me to have ulcers and stomach/intestine bleeding. I hope I am making the right decision. I choose beliteweight because of their great reputation and my history with them (I had my original surgery with them) and because they offer in house financing there is no way I can shell out the full amount all at once I'm putting 5 thousand down and financing the rest 4,500. Their fees are also very reasonable compared to other financing company's. with the band I was so young I didn't take aftercare seriously, I know that this time I will and I'm preparing to take the very best care of myself that I can. My issue hasn't been gaining my issue has been being able to lose more weight because of my problems with the crap band. 

MsBatt
on 3/9/13 8:54 am

The fact that you're 22 is a great reason TO have the DS! It has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, and is the best at resolving or preventing diabetes and high cholesterol. I wish like hell I could have gotten my DS at 22---but when I was 22, it hadn't been invented yet. (*grin*)

Most Active