Revising from Sleeve to RNY- YESSSSS I know the DS is the second part of the sleeve.......

smileyjamie72
on 3/4/13 3:45 am - Palmer, AK

I just want to add that YOU CAN APPEAL the insurances decision, and you CAN GET the insurance to pay for the DS, but you have to try.  You should not have to feel like you are settling, because that is what the insurance company will pay for.  You can win an appeal.  IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!

Good luck and much success to you

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

julia M.
on 3/4/13 9:15 pm - Canton, OH
RNY on 12/31/13

I am revising a lap band in about 2 months and had my band removed 2.5 weeks ago. It is embarrassing, humiliating to have failed after paying for the band myself. My husband complains about me EATING 8K. he complains about missing a day of work when I had my band out. It's hard to have people know about my situation, I feel like a failure. I do feel that it is the right time, the right surgery, and the right cir****tances. I sort of have refrained from posting, like maybe I am not accepted for being a revision but you know what - WHATEVER. I am doing this for myself. I am getting the RnY, the tried and true in most cases and what I have been trying to do for 10 years. I am afraid I will fail. I understand how you must feel. Even words written on a page can hurt and bring tears and pain. We are all in the same boat in a way, nobody should be rude and hurt others. Good luck in all for this revision :)

Winning the race, slow but steady! 

Nic M
on 3/4/13 11:47 pm

Good luck to you with your revision surgery, Julia. I hope it goes well!  You shouldn't feel humiliated in any way because the band failed. You can rest assured that the band is a subpar device.. and they fail for a LOT of people. Much more than is even reported. You should do what is right for you... put all the "other stuff" out of your mind and concentrate on what you feel is right.

Take care. Good luck with your revision.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active