I'm approved

mercedes66693
on 2/26/13 3:53 am

Found out last week I got approved for revision from lap band to RNY

I'm so excited and nervous.  I go for my pre op on the 7th and then my surgery date is March 25th.

Any advise on things I should start preparing before surgery like clothes, meals anything would be helpful.

thanks

Hislady
on 2/26/13 4:26 am, edited 2/26/13 4:31 am - Vancouver, WA

Go to the RNY forum and read up there and ask questions, they are good to help you out. Also if you look to the right of this page you will see some revision info too.

mercedes66693
on 2/26/13 4:30 am

Thank you

I can't wait it's going to be a long month!

LEE
on 2/26/13 10:26 am

I had my RNY 7 years ago now I'm about to revise to DS.  Good luck to you with your revision.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
mercedes66693
on 2/26/13 8:15 pm

How did you do with your RNY how come you are having the DS if you don't mind me asking?

LEE
on 2/26/13 11:09 pm

I lost 140 pounds with my RNY, was thin for a month before the weight started coming back on and it has been a struggle and I mean a horrible struggle since.  I have gained cost to 100 pounds if not more by now back and every time I try to lose my body seems to pu****self into a higher fat brackett.  It is time to do something before I cross the line and gain the last 30 or so pounds back to my starting weight.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
mercedes66693
on 2/26/13 11:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle that really sucks I hope it all goes well for you

MsBatt
on 2/27/13 3:43 am
On February 27, 2013 at 7:30 AM Pacific Time, mercedes66693 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle that really sucks I hope it all goes well for you

While you still have a fairly intact stomach, you should consider getting a DS rather than an RNY. We see a lot of folks here wanting to revise their RNY to a DS. Some can, some can't.

Srg2
on 2/26/13 12:13 pm - CA

Congrats!  I have my band to RNY revision on March 15.  I start my pre-op liquid diet on Friday, which I am dreading.  The surgeon will go over all the necessary pre-op stuff with you at your appointment.  Once thing I did try to do ahead of time is figure out which protein powder I am going to use.  I ordered samples from injury.com and hope I still like the flavors post op.  Start exercising every day (maybe walk for 30 minutes) so you are in the habit.  These are just the few things I am working on.  Good luck!

mercedes66693
on 2/26/13 8:21 pm

Thank you and I will start doing the walking I've been wanting to just making excuses not to but today I'm going for a walk.

Yeah I was going to order some Unjury  like you I'm scared I won't like them when I had the surgery for the band I used Spiru Tein which I liked but looking at the label now I it has 9 grams of carbs and only 14 grams of protein so I know the carbs is high only supposed to be 7 or less and i think the protein is supposed to be more so looking for another one.

Good luck to you on the 15th be thinking about you and yes liquid diet you can do it

Good Luck!

Most Active