Revision with BMi of 29?

pineview01
on 2/24/13 12:07 pm, edited 3/2/13 9:46 am - Davison, MI

I was able to get the insurance to OK getting the band out without any issue.  Getting the sleeve was a fight. I also had to have a bmi of 35 again to be approved. I spent that time researching to get the sleeve in Mexico.  I was going that route, when some one on the boards gave me the name of their surgeon.  I lost it sad to say but, he would do the cash pay sleeve almost as cheap as the surgeon I was going with once I added air.  He also had stopped doing the band due to the number having issue. 

If you did so good with the band I would get the sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

huntgirl1991
on 2/25/13 7:26 am
Hopefully I will have the same luck you had with your insurance company, I have a appointment at duke medical in a couple weeks, I'm going to make sure my BMi is 35! I found out my insurance doesn't have the 6 month medically supervised diet.

pineview01
on 3/2/13 9:50 am - Davison, MI

Good Luck I hope it all works out well!  Lucky you I had to re-do the 6 month, the Psych Eval, data collection and orientation with the surgeon.  Go kick butt!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

huntgirl1991
on 3/2/13 11:03 am
I know it's such a blessing, I had my endoscopy this week and the doctor said everything looks fine. other then the beginnings of ulcer(s) from taking inflammatory's. But he said that should clear up in a few weeks with just taking nexium. He said that i can ever take anti inflammatory's again so that takes away the worry of not being able to take them if i do the RNY. One week from Monday I will be traveling to duke I'm so excited. I've been eating like crazy trying to get my BMI higher. I hope and pray this works out! I have a few obstacles against me but I know that everything will work out no matter what. If insurance doesn't approve me then ill appeal and if that doesn't work I will be scheduling in Mexico. 2013 is going to be the last year I have this evil band in me I am ready to accept this blessing and I'm thinking positive! Thank you everyone for your support!

ButterflyAna
on 2/28/13 3:57 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I would bother because if you have complications the insurance will cover those but if you self pay you have to pay for that. Also Most doctors do not mind working on you if they are removing the band and replacing it with something else. My first doctor was horrible and messed it all up. We I finally found my Doctor he was okay with taking me as a patient. You will not lose anything by trying. Also if you are sick they will revise no matter the BMI - Melly from the boards like you had a lower BMI but the ins still appoved removing the band and replacing it with the sleeve. Look for her I am sure she would be willing to talk.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

pineview01
on 6/7/13 5:37 am, edited 6/7/13 5:38 am - Davison, MI

Yeah, I didn't have any issue getting the band out with less than 35bmi.  It was getting any revision.

MangueBlonde
on 6/5/13 1:16 pm - French Polynesia

Dr Verboonen Tijuana. My BMI is 31 and I will have surgery on 19 of june. Back and knee paint too. Its my third surgery after labband and VSG.

Most Active