Apollo Overstitich Revision...Need feedback on your experience. =0)

PrincessL311
on 2/14/13 4:31 am - FL

Hi my name is Linda and I had RNY in March 2004. Starting weight was 242 and at 5'3" that's not good! Got down to 128 at about 13 month mark and looked really sick. Was loosing too much and dr said my weight would come back up to whereever it was comfortable and stabalize. I came back up to 139 and was so happy. Stayed there for 6 years and then about 3 yrs ago I started to put back on some weight. Was ok at 145 but now at 173 and not happy at all. Wasn't able to find a dr for follow up care (very long story, but it had to do with WHO did my original RNY), that is until now!! Dr Simon at JFK in Atlantis FL has taken me on for follow up and after having the upper gi, endoscopy and a CTscan with contrast, has been able to get an approval from my insurance to perform the Apollo Overstitch Revision to tighten my pouch and the stoma (sp?). Surgery date is just 7 days past my 9 yr anniversary of the RNY. I'm looking for feedback from anyone that has had this revision. Please be honest. Thank you so much for sharing. =)

Hislady
on 2/14/13 8:01 am - Vancouver, WA

I really don't think you are going to get any replies about this because I haven't seen anyone who has had the overstitch done post here and I've been on here for years. It just isn't something many have had done. You might try asking on the RNY forum but I doubt you'll find many there either, it just doesn't seem to be a very popular surgery which may tell you something about the effectiveness of it. I wish you luck but like I said I don't recall seeing anyone who has had it done.

tina01
on 2/15/13 12:09 am - Wilmington, DE

Hi Linda,

I'm not familiar with the Apollo overstitch, but do want to reach out to you.  I'll send you a message via this site.

Tina

MsBatt
on 2/15/13 5:30 am

Do a search, or read back a couple of pages---there's at least one old thread about this procedure. Perhaps you ccan PM the 2-3 people who posted on it who actually had it.

Printser
on 3/4/13 7:15 am
Revision on 03/12/13

Hi Linda-I believe were both having the Apollo procedure with Dr Simon on 3-12-13? Would like to talk to u about it- Are u going to the class on 3-6-13? in their office at around 9 :30 Am?

Marlena

PrincessL311
on 3/4/13 8:24 pm - FL
Hi Marlena,
Yes, I'm having the procedure the same day and attending the class tomorrow at 9:30am as well. I went yesterday to JFK for my pre op visit and Brittany told me the class is at Dr Simon's office where as I thought it was at the hospital..good thing she reminded me. Also, I thought that Dr Simon was doing the procedure and found that Dr Kaza actually is with Dr Simon there during it. Would love to talk to you later today and hear about how you got to this point like me. I'm working from 10-4 and will be home by 5pm if you would like to chat. =)
My number is 561-320-1695.
I'm actually very glad you saw my post! I've been nervous about it but excited too to finally get things back in control.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Linda
Printser
on 3/4/13 9:46 pm
Revision on 03/12/13

HI. I am SO glad I found your post. I knew Dr Kaza was going to be with Dr Simon and there is a 3rd Dr as well but I am not sure who it is. I have pre op before the class. I will def call u later as I to am nervous about the procedure. I am curious about what they told u re reducing the pouch. Dr Simon told me they were not reducing the size of my pouch as they did not have good results with that, so I am interested to hear what they told you. I will call u later

Marlena

Most Active