Please share with me your Apollo Revision of RNY...Approved!!

PrincessL311
on 2/14/13 12:38 am - FL

Please share with me your experience with a revision to RNY with the Apollo Overstitch... Just got approved by insurance and procedure is scheduled mid March.

charm_n_ladi
on 2/17/13 9:54 pm - Atlanta, GA

I had my revision done in Nov.  I was initially told that I would be having the Apollo Stitch but a couple wks before m surgery, i was told that that procedure was not giving the results it was designed to do.  Instead, they revised my original surgery (RNY) They stitched the stoma and the pouch smaller.  I have lost 50lbs so far hoping to lose another 25lbs to be at my goal of 195. 

PrincessL311
on 2/18/13 1:34 am - FL
Thank you so very much for responding and sharing!! I'm very nervous. The procedure my dr described is exactly what you had. He said my pouch will be made smaller and the stoma as well. To know someone else has had it done the same way makes me very excited! I'm glad to hear you are happy so far with the results. I need to lose about 35-40. Can you tell me what prep you had to do like the week before and the diet after? How are you feeling?
PrincessL311
on 2/18/13 1:37 am - FL
BTW, our anniversaries of our RNY are almost the same! Mine was on 3/5/2004 and I came home on 3/10/2004, the day before my 31 bday. My revision is scheduled for 3/12, the day after my 40th!
Most Active