I think I have a plan!

who knows
on 2/9/13 12:00 am

i want to thank everyone for their input on my last post.  I had been lacking motivation to "get back on track" and figured since i gained weight back and have had so many health issues i would just work on feeling better and in less physical pain BUT I didnt know my health and pain may bec aused by my bypass of 12 yrs ago. I know that sounds stupid and over the years I have mentioned this possiblity to different drs yet not one of them ever agreed or disagreeded.  I now know that many of my health issues are more then likely from my surgery.  Now i can go into appt and be more proactive with labs and such.  I need help with which vitimin i need....daily vits i can get in store? how much? are there vits that i have to take individually?  How long when i start taking the recommended vitimins will I start to feel better? 

So here is my plan:  1) make appt with my regular dr.  show her the list of blood work that I was given to me from this site.  hopefully she will run these or guide me more toward what i NEED to do.  2) Mak appt with a bariatric surgeon in my area and do a consult about the course i should be taking to try and lost this weight: try the vits and maybe a revison or if she thinks I can start losing again if i get the nutriencion area in order.  and last but not least 3)  FOLLOW the path I am given! I so much want to be ME again. The me who likes to gt out of th house and spend time with the kids and grandkids! I am angery with ME for allowing myself to gain weight again.  ok off the pity party......going to get to work. oh one more thing I never heard that i read on here........that the gastric bypass only works for about 18 months before it starts absorbing calories again?  never knew that.

thank you all again. It is hard for me to ask for help most of the time but I realiize I need help! I am sure there are going to be times i post on here where i want to give up but I am hoping people on here can keep me in the right direction. 

thank you all again!

smileyjamie72
on 2/10/13 12:59 pm - Palmer, AK

You can get alot of your vitamins from VitaLady, Vitacost and Puritan's Pride has lots as well.  Look them up on the internet.

MAKE SURE TO GET THE DRY FORM, as we do not absorb the oil based vitamins.  They are basically wasted on us.

As for the 18 months, that is pretty true.  But you will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS mal-absorb vitamins.  For Life.  Non-negotiable for that.

As for the dr's..................... You HAVE to be YOUR BEST ADVOCATE.  DO NOT let them push you around.  Sometimes, YOU have to get ASSERATIVE.  I have had my PCP going on 11 years, and I have had to do this just recently.  MY health, and MY BODY come FIRST.  The dr's do not live with altered insides.  WE DO.  Please remember that!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

meliss0725
on 2/10/13 2:03 pm - Plainfield, IL

I am in the same boat. I had a lap band almost 10 years ago and never accomplished anything with it.  I have started having some issues and want this thing out.  I too have been through a lot and I need to face my fears and get this out and perhaps revised.  I would, if I were you, go ahead and order your surgical report from the original hospital;.  I just received my documents and feel free to look at my options. Good luck, you are not alone.

who knows
on 2/10/13 9:16 pm

Thank you. I feel like such a failure but i am going to do my best to start taking care of ME!

Heather V.
on 2/14/13 11:45 am

I'm right there with you critter angel; I too have gained, and its hard!  I beat myself up constantly.....I know what I think is what matters most, but I still can't help to think about what others are saying, or thinking about me.  I know of a few who have probably used me as their example when saying, "i know someone who had that surgery, and they are fat again!!"  It sucks, because no one knows how hard it can be!!!  I'm trying to keep optomistic, as this is the first time I have had to "try" to lose weight since surgery.  I feel I'm still blessed to have some of the tools that others don't, as I was strong enough at one point to take back control of my life, and have the surgery.  I know I can do it again, and this time I won't need the surgery (hopefully-last resort for me) - we can do it!!!!  Hang in there, and reach out to the wonderful people who hang out on these boards!!!

who knows
on 2/17/13 1:27 am

Thank you! Yes i feel the SAME! I keep feeling like a failure.  I have a long way to go.  I am nutrient/vit. defiecient,  possible hernia and during my original surgery my esphogus was tore and i loss enough blood that i had to be givin 2 pints blood three days after surgery.  I am suppose to make appt with gastrointrologist to see if scar tissue has built up due to the horrilbe and often reflux, chest pain and swolling difficultes at times.  So my first step is over: after stress tests, sonogram and echo, I am giving the all clear as far as my heart.  I thank God for that.  I will be seeing my family dr next week and find out about getting blood work to see exzactly where i stand in the vit. dept.  then plan on going to dieticianto get that area back on track.  At this point my muscles are non existant it seems.  it is so difficutlt to even fold laundry my arms hurt so bad.  anyway, i agree with everything you said.  stay in touch!  I am here to give and recieve support and it is comforting to know I am not alone!

Most Active