Found out band slipped

mercedes66693
on 2/4/13 6:49 am

So today I went for my upper GI and the radiologist told me that my band had slipped a little.  This is why I have no restriction and why I'm getting sick a lot I guess.  I feel my band has never been right I've had it for 6 months now and lost no weight only had problem with eating protein and stuff making me sick.  When the dr first did my surgery I was the only one called down for a second barium swallow before being released the dr said everything looked fine.  I don't know if it was fine I feel it' never been right I'm going to a new doctor this is the 3rd one and I hope he will be able to get my insurance to do a revision I really hate this band.

I wi**** had worked I really like my old Dr and his practice I just don't think it was ever done quite right.

Nic M
on 2/4/13 7:27 am

Hi mercedes,

I'm sorry you're going through this.

You may want to post on the lap band board, as well, if you haven't already. I think there are a couple of people who are going through similar situations and maybe have some words of advice for you.

If you know your band isn't right, don't hesitate to have it removed. It can do more damage than doctors even realize.

Good luck to you. I hope things turn out okay for you.

Take care,
Nic

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Hislady
on 2/4/13 10:26 am - Vancouver, WA

If it's any consolation there are LOTS of folks out there with the same issues. The band just isn't what we were told it was. Many are suffering and even after the band is removed some people end up with permanent damage so if you can get it out go for it! So sorry you are going thru this too.

Stephanie M.
on 2/5/13 12:40 am

Sorry to hear this...hope you are able to revise quickly.  Hugs((()))

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

pineview01
on 2/5/13 11:03 am - Davison, MI

I hope you can get your revision before you have to go thru what the rest of us have had to before making the decision.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mercedes66693
on 2/5/13 8:08 pm

Thank you,

Can I ask how is the sleeve going for you are you glad you chose the sleeve?  And what made you chose the sleeve over the RYN?

Thanks again

pineview01
on 2/6/13 10:29 am - Davison, MI

So far so good.  I had the band out 4.5 months before being sleeved and I gained almost 30 pounds.  With the pre-op and two weeks out I have 20 back off.  I went with the sleeve over the RNY after 4 years of research, I would have gotten the sleeve before if the insurance had covered it.  Based on my research my daughter two years ago got the sleeve (she had been approved and scheduled for the band when she test pg before I was banded)  She was 325 when sleeved and has lost 125-145 pounds.  She has kept the 125 off for two years.  Then my sister said she was getting the band.  Based on how I did and my daughter did she went with the sleeve.  She is about a year out and over 100 pounds down and loves her sleeve.

My oldest sister got a DS in '06 and I have seen the issues she has had from malabsorption. So I didn't want to go that route.  I lost 80 pounds when the band worked with just the restriction.  It wasn't till it acted up  that I regained.   If you would like any more info just send me a pm any time.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 2/6/13 10:30 am - Davison, MI
Most Active