RNY revision what to expect....

VelmaZ
on 4/10/13 6:38 am
I noticed you were from Buffalo...do you mind telling me who your doctor is? I am researching getting a revision...I have an appointment Monday with Senergy Bariatics, Dr. Carauana did my open RNY about 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help
Velma 

cniccolemoore
on 5/13/13 9:36 am
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, SO sorry it has taken me so very long to respond to you!! How are you doing now? I appreciate your input! It's good to have the experience from someone who's been there and done that. : ) I hope all is well for you!! I'd love an update when you get a chance!

who knows
on 2/5/13 1:56 am

I am new here and also looking for info on a rny revision. My story is much like yours in regard to the post op help. i had my WLS in jan 2001, ended up losing 135 pds and kept it off for a bit over 5 yrs or so. now i am almost right at 200 again. many health issues and would like to find out what i need to do to find out if a revision is right for me.  jst wanted to say i understand completely.  good luck in your revision.

cniccolemoore
on 5/13/13 9:38 am
Thanks for your well-wishes! How's your journey going? I have one more PCP visit (my insurance requires 6 months of consecutive PCP visits with sole discussion of weightloss efforts) and then we can submit to insurance and get a date! WOOHOO! Good luck to you in your journey!

Whit
on 2/13/13 5:11 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi I did not read every ones response...

Your story (history) is similar to mine. I had open revision surgery from RNY to DS in December.  My RNY was Laparoscopic too. The revision was open. I too was terrified and surprisingly it was not really a big deal. It will be a little numb to begin with and they will provide pain killers.  I had more pain from the drains. 

I can not answer your other questions as I opted to have DS. I can tell you the first surgeon I went to wanted to "tighten" up my RNY and told me I would lose 20-40 pounds. For me this just was not good enough. Is it accurate? I have no idea. 

Good Luck on whatever you decide

Whitney

cniccolemoore
on 5/13/13 9:39 am
Whitney, Thanks for replying, so sorry it's taken me so long to respond! How's your journey going? I'm so close to being able to schedule a date!! : )

smileyjamie72
on 2/14/13 5:37 am - Palmer, AK

Have you explored ALL of your revision options, like the DS?  Go to DSFacts.com to do some research if you are interested in it.

Good luck with whatever you decide

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

LEE
on 2/23/13 3:22 pm

I am in route to RNY to DS revision also.  I have my first meeting with Dr. Rabkin this coming Wed.  2/27/13. 

I am really worried about the pain and I think it scares me more than anything else, the thought of walking after just being cut open is just a horrible thought. 

I am going for the DS because of the long term success they have over any of the surgeries, and mine will be open.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Most Active