Appeal

Andrea H.
on 1/28/13 8:46 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13

Has anyone ever appealed to Cigna and won?  I have a Realize Band and had to have an emergency unfill in December.  Since then I have had a lot of acid and heartburn.  My doctor sent me over for an upper GI and my band is in perfect position.  I haven't lost ANY weight since April of 2011.  The last few months have been fill to be unfilled the following month.  This is frustration, I am hoping to revise to the sleeve.

I would appreciate any help offered.

Thanks

Andrea

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

gantgirl2
on 1/28/13 12:25 pm

I have Cigna and i appealed after being turned down and finally got a yes. My doctor sent a personal letter that i wrote telling my story  along with the appeal letter and Cigna said yes.So tell your story , what you did and how you followed all the rules with no weight lose.It took almost a year to get the revision appealed and i would have appealed again until they got tired of me and said yes.Good luck to you.

In it to win it !!!

pineview01
on 1/30/13 3:42 am - Davison, MI

Also get as many fact in the letter.  I had all my dates and weights, fill and unfills and all testing done.  I had a different insurance but, did win a once in a life time policy.  I had my band totally unfilled 1yr our for ~6 weeks and again at ~8 weeks.  The scope showed esophageal inflammation and gastricitis.   I had tons of facts with the human story of pain, compliance and frustration.  Pain with money costing fills and unfills over and over help.  They had gut approved me for 28 for fills/unfills for the year.

Good luck.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Andrea H.
on 1/31/13 4:32 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13

Thank you for your reply!  I will keep writing till they get sick of me.  Lol  kiss

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

Most Active