One week to my band to bypass revision !

idahomamaof2
on 2/20/13 10:17 am

Hello, I had my lapband to RNY revison Nov 27, 2012. At that time my BMI was 35,so a total smaller amount of weight to lose.  I was up and walking the evening of surgery, and got to come the next evening, after a 1 night stay. Excellent for 2 surgeries in one.  I went back to work at 3 weeks, and have been working out with a trainer 2 xs a week, since week 4. The not so good... the losing is SLOW! I was told 2nd time surgeries are not nearly as rapid weight loss, and having a lower BMI also... I am down 30 pounds in 3 months.I am Ok with that, but it is hard to know you are eating 600-800 calories,burning 2500+ and only losing pounds a week. I hope you are doing well, I don't see any posts since Jan. 

Kristiemarie060504
on 2/20/13 10:32 am - MD
Hi everybody sorry i have been forgeting to post ... I had my surgey and doing pretty well the first night was rough and it has been a long recovery but on a lighter note i feel better and better every single day ! I have lost 26 lbs in 3 weeks so i cant complain ! It is a completey different life , learning to eat all over again was rough but soooo worth it !
christyj74
on 3/19/13 3:43 am

I am considering band to RNY also...any advice/suggestions?

Kristiemarie060504
on 4/2/13 2:11 am - MD
Christy what kinda of questions do u have ? My story is the following if this helps . I had my band put in may 2006 my starting weight weight was 330 lost about 20lbs had my band empty on sept 2012 gain some weight . The day of my surgey i weight 348lbs that was on Jan 29 2013 . I now weight 299 as of the march 30th . Best decision i ever made !!!!! It is a whole new way of eating i still have the eyes bigger then the stomach problem so i waste alot of food ! This has giving me the success i wanted and the power to keep working hard towards my goal ! Best of luck in your decision!
Most Active