TRYING TO CONNECT WITH PPL WHO ARE DOING A REVISION FROM LAP-BAND TO BYPASS

MICHELLE BROWN
on 1/23/13 4:01 am - Vernon Rockville, CT

i didnt have the band, buy i had rny gastric bypass and i am going through the journey of revision. i am also nervous about it too.. i only lost 69 ish pounds total.. i dont know if it was done wrong or if it is that i dont eat the way i should or a combo. my dr did not properly inform me of anything. he actually told me last year when i was inquiring about revision that i was meant to be a big girl. i had no idea that besides the band that there was other ways to do gastric bypass intil i moved to another state and my new pcp told me.. i am looking int to revision to a gastric sleeve or a ds.. i think that i would bennifit from both. but i would like to become friends and incourage one another :) i will send u a request

MsBatt
on 1/23/13 5:11 am
On January 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM Pacific Time, MICHELLE BROWN wrote:

i didnt have the band, buy i had rny gastric bypass and i am going through the journey of revision. i am also nervous about it too.. i only lost 69 ish pounds total.. i dont know if it was done wrong or if it is that i dont eat the way i should or a combo. my dr did not properly inform me of anything. he actually told me last year when i was inquiring about revision that i was meant to be a big girl. i had no idea that besides the band that there was other ways to do gastric bypass intil i moved to another state and my new pcp told me.. i am looking int to revision to a gastric sleeve or a ds.. i think that i would bennifit from both. but i would like to become friends and incourage one another :) i will send u a request

If you only lost 69 pounds with the RNY/gastric bypass, which has some malabsorption, I don't think you're going to have much success with the Sleeve, which has NO malabsorption. You really should hold out for the DS.

Owlet
on 2/3/13 12:20 pm

I just had the band to RNY revision 3 weeks ago. Been pretty good with only mild leg pain from not drinking enough. I am thrilled the systemic swelling I had from not tolerating the band is gone.

thynnlynn
on 2/4/13 3:07 am - MI

I am also having revision from a band to RnY.  Current date is 4/1, but am hoping for a cancelation for an earlier date.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active