clpeltz
on 6/2/13 9:45 pm

bump

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

pineview01
on 6/13/13 1:07 pm - Davison, MI

Wasn't Dr. Kemmeter, located in Michigan on this list?

When I was lurking on facts his name was there.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

JEG1
on 6/28/13 12:37 pm - WY

I don't know if I have a particularly scary surgical history, or what the main hang up was, but after reviewing my medical records, Dr. Simper's nurse called to tell me that he would not be likely to be willing to do RNY to DS surgery on me.  She said I was welcome to come and have a face to face consult with him, but he has already told her that he would probably still say no.  I am crushed.  His office is a 6 hr drive for me, while the next nearest surgeon is a 20 hour drive.  

I already have had experience with a long distance specialty surgeon (not weight loss related).  When I had complications, no one local felt comfortable handling me.  So, despite having two good insurances, which paid almost 100%, I still ended up bankrupted from the to and from travel expenses, hotel rooms, and lost work time.  Just having the surgery is only the beginning.  I just have so much anxiety about risking everything...again....and losing everything....again.   If I lived fairly close to the surgeon, I'd have the revision in a heartbeat.  But with the travel and complications possible.......it is a whole different world.

So, I don't know if Dr. Simper is not really into doing RNY to DS anymore, or if it is just me.  Can anyone else add further info?

5netty3billy
on 11/17/13 8:11 am
I'm just starting to looking at a revision from an rny in 2005 to a ds....being in ottawa what course should I take?...my rny was done in Rochester. ..will ohip pay for me to go back to original surgeon or is it done here?...my original weight was 275 bmi was 52...my weight went to 155lbs lowest...with a bmi about 28....now my weight is back at 210 with bmi at 38....am I dreaming large or will they consider a revision with me?
Most Active