Sleeve revision Surgery?

angibug
on 1/14/13 12:17 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi All I have a friend that is looking to have the sleeve surgery done. I had revision surgery from the bad to the bypass 3 years ago. My question is... Is anyone looking to have revision from the sleeve surgery to RNY? Or, is anyone unhappy with the Sleeve? Thanks!
Hislady
on 1/15/13 5:56 am - Vancouver, WA

You should go read the sleeve forum too. I've only read of a very, very few sleevers who have been unhappy and they usually hadn't dealt with underlying issues or weren't following the eating plan. For the most part they seem very happy with their surgery. I hope to get one eventually myself.

pineview01
on 1/15/13 9:33 am, edited 1/15/13 9:34 am - Davison, MI

Or a couple had the sleeve not done right in the first place and needed them done right.  One person in Australia went for a sleeve and her surgeon messed up so bad she ended with a modified rny.  But those that have had them done properly and dealt with issues do well.

Those on the sleeve boards that have gone band to sleeve say,  the Sleeve does what the band promised and didn't.

I wouldn't get a RNY after a sleeve.  I would get the DS!!!!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

beanybaby
on 1/15/13 3:24 pm

Most sleevers seem happy with their surgery, but there are some who have another surgery after the sleeve, but usually to DS. The sleeve is half of the DS already, and the DS is a better surgery than RNY in every way, so it would make more sense.

MsBatt
on 1/16/13 1:36 am

I have seen a few people get their Sleeve revised to an RNY---but as someone said, that's a really dumb move when the Sleeve is half of the DS already. I have seen several Sleevers add the second part to make a full DS because of regain or insufficient loss.

Most Active