looking ot hear from anyone who has had a revison from a lapband to bypass by Dr B in NB...

Figler5
on 1/2/13 11:28 pm

So I am looking to chat with someone who has had a revison from lap band to by pass in New Brunswick Canada. I had my lap band in dec 2009 my highest weight has been 326 I got down to 236. I have had issues with the band and not feeling restriction. I eat well and excercise but my weight will not go down any furthur The last time I was in I had fluid removed and slowly over teh last 5 months I have gained about 18 lbs . I have read book on book about increasing my metablic rate.

So far the surgeon has not mentioned anything even though he is aware of my problems. Once I brought the subject up but I was still losing 1-2 lbs a mount at the time.

I always have to have my band adjusted under fluro I was just called to book an appt on Jan 24 I called back to see if maybe I need to have a doc office visit to discuss revision. Since my lap band I have actaully deveopled high blood pressure and I really need to get below 200 lbs for heath reasons. However, someone told me that it is near impossible to get a revison.

I want to arm myself with required information and advocate for my self. Can anyone provide any advice?

MsBatt
on 1/3/13 8:24 am

Given your beginning high weight, and that you still have relatively intact stomach, you should also research a procedure called the Duodenal Switch. The DS has the very BEST long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, period.

Most Active